Born Damini Ogulu, Burna Boy since his emergence on the scene has continued to churn out great music to the delight of his growing fans.
The singer who made news recently when he mentioned he is no one’s role model, “I Am NOT your Role Model. I am just a 25 year old who has been through more than any 25 year old should have to, therefore takes life 1 day at a time and tries to make the best of things. This is my REAL LIFE, don’t let your life be determined by how anyone lives theirs. You are Special and Amazing. You would not have been put on this earth if there wasn’t a Reason. I love you all. Love yourselves and each other. The World is Yours! #Rock$T⭐️r,” is one we dare say the world isn’t ready for.
Here are 8 things you probably do not know about the singer.
- He is a native of Mbiama in Ahoda West Local Government area in Rivers State and was born in 1991.
He got his name from his love for comics. “I used to draw comics and stuff… I ended up wanting to be a super hero as well, but I had no name, so I just chose Burna… I used to use beats from video games and stuff.”
If he had not become a musician he would have become an athlete or a programmer. ”I don’t think anyone thought it would be anything serious. They were cool with me doing music because obviously, there is a lot of music in my family but I am sure they would have preferred me to be a lawyer or something like that. I could literally do anything, I could have been a boxer, or played basketball, could have done computer programing, I could have done real estate, which is kind of still my hobby, but now that is my mum’s hobby. She is all about the business side of things and leads me towards a direction in that aspect.”
- Burna got his first tattoo at the age of 15. On why he decided on his first tattoo, Burna in an interview said ; ‘It’s me, man, you get me. It’s a decision that I made.’
- Burna has mentioned Fela Anikulapo Kuti, 2Face and Sizzla Kalonji as his role models.
- During a performance, he fell off the stage ad broke his leg and rib.
- He won the Best New Act at the 2013 Nigeria Entertainment Awards
- His first ever album “L.I.F.E” sold more than 50 000 copies on the first day it was released.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY