Saving money is definitely not easy, but saving should be on your goals list every year. Let’s face it, life in itself is expensive, and the price is just going to go up. Everyone loves the little luxuries here and there but if you do the things below, you would see an increase in savings.
- Hand creams, foot creams, body butter: There really is no need to buy all of the following when you can just buy one big tub of body lotion and use it all over. When you calculate, you will find out that you will save you a lot of money
- Going to the movies: Whether you realise it or not, movies cost a lot of money, and you can save a lot by not going every weekend. Instead of going every week, pick one or two days in a month if you’re a movies fanatic or go see them on discounted days. There is Netflix now so…
- Trendy clothes: Fashion trends come and go. There is no need to buy a piece just because it is in vogue. Clothes shopping costs so much money, so get into the habit of buying clothes you need and you will end up saving a ton of money.
- Home decor: Unless the decor you intend to buy serves you a purpose which you absolutely need, then don’t buy it. All it will ultimately do is collect dust on your shelves.
- Lunches at work: Most of us are very guilty of buying lunch at work instead of making it at home and if you live in Lagos, I do not blame you. However, if you discover how much money you spend each week on food, you will challenge your self to pack my lunches for the entire month.
- Impulse purchases: If you see something in the window of a store and want to get it right there and then, I will suggest that you leave it, sleep on it, and if you still want it badly the next day, then you can go get it. But trust me, chances are you will realize that you don’t really need it
- Paid apps: There are so many free apps these days on Apple or Google Play store so paying for an app just seems unnecessary. Find apps that do the same thing as the paid ones(that ask for a 1-year subscription), and save your money. Trust me, if you search, you’ll find them.