For the sake of this post, we put texting and chatting in the same bracket. We cannot deny that technology has really changed the dating and relationship game when it comes to communication. It has made it possible to stay in contact with your partner 24/7 even if you’re in a long-distance relationship.
For the sake of all things good, we hope you are not so naive so as to think that texting isn’t a social skill. You really have to develop it if you want to be seen as someone who is likeable and attractive. You might actually be guilty of doing a lot of bad texting habits and we are here to tell you to break them.
- YOU DELIBERATELY WAIT TOO LONG BEFORE YOU TEXT BACK: Don’t play that game with anyone at all. If you’re free to respond to the message, then do so. Don’t be playing hard-to-get because that kind of technique doesn’t work anymore.
- YOU OVERDO IT WITH THE EMOJIS INSTEAD OF GIVING REAL RESPONSES: Just because the emojis are there doesn’t mean that you should write sentences with them. Emojis should enhance your conversation; don’t let them be the subject of it.
- YOU DON’T ACKNOWLEDGE COMPLIMENTS: When a compliment is been given to you, that shows you that he or she has an admiration for you, and you should be kind enough to acknowledge it. Don’t just snub over it like it is insignificant.
- YOU OVER-TEXT WHENEVER YOU DON’T GET A REPLY RIGHT AWAY: Don’t panic if there isn’t a reply to you right away. You have to consider the very real possibility that they have just been busy handling other matters in life.
- YOU TEXT HIM EVEN WHEN YOU KNOW THEY ARE BUSY: This is in connection to the last one stated. If you are not getting a reply right away, it’s probably because he or she is preoccupied with other things. And when you know that they are busy, you shouldn’t pester.
- YOU USE POOR GRAMMAR AND SPELLING WHEN YOU TEXT: Always make sure that you use proper grammar and spelling when you are texting. Try to show that you at least went to school and learned the basics of English communication.
- YOU TEXT IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS: CAN YOU SEE HOW ANNOYING IT IS TO BE TEXTING SOMEONE IN CAPITAL LETTERS? IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU’RE CONSTANTLY YELLING ALL THE TIME. IT’S NOT A NICE WAY TO TEXT ANOTHER PERSON – AND YOU SHOULDN’T REALLY BE EXPECTING A REPLY IF YOU CONTINUE TO TEXT LIKE THIS.