The year seems to be racing towards the finish line as there are just 2 full months left in it. When the year started, there must have been a lot of things written down in your list that you were hoping to achieve before the year runs out but we are sure you missed out these 8 things we are about to tell you.
If you did miss them out or you had them in your list but you did not get to achieving them, we are here to not only remind you but also nudge you to get on them before December 31st 2019.
Are you ready to do this?
- Trying to please everyone: There is a reason the word NO exists in the dictionary and it is for times when you are literally unable to. It’s okay to decline a request to do something if it does not fit into your timeline or is not convenient for you. Do not think it’s rude or wrong to politely decline on something asked from you.
- Fearing Change: Aunty, Uncle you know that quote that says Change is the only constant thing, well, it is true till tomorrow. You need to stop limiting yourself just because you are afraid to get out of your comfort zone. Change is constant and you should be adaptable to change.
- Living in the past: If you cannot change it, why worry about it. More importantly, why try to live there? It is done, whatever it was has happened. The best you can do is learn from it and work towards making sure it does not repeat itself again.
- Overthinking: If you are Christain, you probably have come across or heard a quote of Jesus asking who can add a cubit to himself by worrying. What has worrying ever acheived? Instead of worrying, plan, strategize etc. These solve something, worrying does not.
- Being afraid to be different: This has been known to hold a lot of people down Whatever it is that you want to do, as long as it does not harm you or anyone else, please go ahead. You only live once and you should not quit being different to be the same as everyone else.
- Sacrificing your happiness for others: This is a subset of trying to please everyone, You don’t need to put your happiness on an alter, slice its neck open and allow it bleed just because of other people. You are important, so think of you and what makes you happy and quit being a people pleaser.
- Thinking you are not good enough: That is a truckload of crap if you ask me. Nobody, not one person is not good enough. You have to quit that type of thinking before the end of 2019.
- Thinking you have no purpose: Everyone onGod’s earth has a purpose. You need to come into the consciousness of that before you step into a brand new year.