Just because it isn’t romantic doesn’t mean that it isn’t good for your relationship. Recognizing that romance is not the only aspect of being able to make a relationship work or the sustaining of a relationship is not only practical but pragmatic. It’s great if you have a boyfriend who is always doing sweet and romantic gestures for you but you also want to have a boyfriend who understands the reality of what goes into making a relationship work and sometimes, that means having to do things that aren’t necessarily romantic.
- He pushes you to take care of your health and fitness: This only applies if your boyfriend is a fitness buff anyway. He is not just concerned about your being able to look good, he wants you to be fit and healthy because it’s going to make you feel better about yourself. It’s going to give you the confidence to do more things.
- He goes out of his way to run annoying errands for you: You know those errands that he typically shouldn’t be doing at all but he assumes all of those responsibilities just because you’re in a relationship together. He doesn’t do them out of a sense of duty but because he knows that it will help make your life easier and that makes him happy.
- He gives you honest and real advice: Even if it’s going to be something that you don’t want to hear and will pierce your Ego, he still tells it to you like it is. The truth is usually ugly but he is still going to tell you what you need to hear because he respects you enough to know that you can handle it.
- He doesn’t hold you back from living your life: You will not know how important this is until you are in a relationship with someone who wants to dictate your every move. It might not seem like much as it’s not really a grand romantic gesture but it speaks volumes as to how he sees you and how much he values you as a human being.
- He always keeps a cool and level head during fights: Of course, there is nothing romantic about having fights but you should always appreciate the fact that he’s never going to say or do anything that might offend you or harm you and still be respectful when he’s dealing with you in conflicts.
- He watches movies or listens to songs that he typically isn’t interested in: Just because he knows that these are things you like, he wants to involve himself in your world as much as possible which is why he’s going to want to expose himself to the many things in life that might influence your personality or behaviour.