If you’re a man and you are in search of solid relationship advice then there is no better person to get it from than Steve Harvey. For years, Steve Harvey has earned the reputation of a love doctor.
He is best known for his relationship segments and his widely successful book – Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man: What Men Really Think About Love, Relationships, Intimacy, and Commitment.
Here are 10 quotes by the talk show host that will help you set the right standards in your relationships and get the woman of your dreams.
1. A woman who smiles and takes care of herself and is generally happy with her life is a keeper; a woman who doesn’t take care of herself and is sour all the time, has an attitude wider than all the ocean, and doesn’t hesitate to lay somebody out for the slightest transgression is a throwback.
— Steve Harvey
2. A woman who can adapt to any situation thrown at her— she can hold her own at the PTA meeting, in the boardroom, in a restaurant, at a sporting event— is a keeper; a woman who can’t put together a coherent sentence or makes it clear she has no interest in doing so is a throwback. – Steve Harvey
3. A woman who won’t let you feel all over her body while you’re dancing is a keeper; a woman who drops it like it’s hot and puts on a dance floor performance that would make video vixen Karrine Steffans blush is a throwback. – Steve Harvey
4. A woman who cares about herself and how she presents herself to the world, and looks like she’d elevate our game, is the woman who will get our attention. – Steve Harvey
5. A woman who can hold a respectful, respectable conversation with a man and his mother is a keeper; a woman who shudders at the prospect of having to talk to the matriarch of a man’s family is a throwback. – Steve Harvey
6. A woman who knows she wants to be married and raise a family and lets a man know this up front is a keeper; a woman who doesn’t have a plan for her relationship life beyond next weekend is a throwback. – Steve Harvey
7. No matter what you do, no matter how many times her friends say you’re no good, no matter how many times you slam the door on the relationship, she will give you her very best and then some. – Steve Harvey
8. You got a couple years to date a few women while you figure this thing out, and once you decide who you are, what you want to do, and how you want to make your money, go get a partner who can help you accomplish these things. – Steve Harvey
9. A woman who is dressed appropriately— has her goodies reasonably covered, but is still sexy, is a keeper; a woman who is scantily clad and dripping sex is a throwback. – Steve Harvey
10. When it comes to relationships, you’re either being kicked or you’re potential long-term material. – Steve Harvey
How many of these quotes did you like? Let us know in the comment section below.