Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; Dress impeccably and they remember the woman.
You see, looking put together can leave a lasting impression on people and dressing well may even help us be more successful at work and improve our own self-esteem. Looking put together doesn’t mean you need a closet Chanel or break a bank. With these simple steps and a little amount of effort, you can always look put together.
- Care for your skin and nail: When it comes to your nails, keep in mind they don’t need to be painted, you can just shape and file them and when you wear nail polish, be sure to remove it as soon as it becomes chipped. Use a good moisturizer with SPF to help keep your skin hydrated, even skin tone, and prevent sun damage.
- Lipstick or Lip gloss: Lip gloss and lipstick are accessories that can add a pop of colour to your look, brighten your appearance, giving balance to your whole outfit. When wearing a bold lipstick, keep the rest of your makeup light to really make your lips pop and If bright and bold lips aren’t what you like, try a lightly tinted lip gloss for a polished look.
- Apply Mascara: If you don’t have time for a full face of makeup, at least take some time to add mascara to make the eyes look fresh and awake.
- Your brows are important: Your eyebrows frame your face and a bold brow can really help make a huge difference in your overall look. Filling in your eyebrows is an easy way to add definition and shape to your brows, and it’s fast and easy to do.
- You Hair: Having messy or unkempt hair is a no-no. Always try to put your hair in place before you leave the house. If you don’t have a lot of time to style your hair, try to get a wig or one of those fashion scarves.
- Sunglasses are needed: If you don’t have time for makeup, you can shield your tired eyes with your favourite pair of sunglasses. Try to keep a pair of sunglasses in your bag to look chic on the go.
- Pay attention to the fit of your clothes: The way your clothes fit can make or break an outfit. And we all know that finding clothes that fit right off the boutique can be difficult. The best thing to do is buy a big size, and then get it altered to fit.
- Style You: You can add a little extra style to your look by cuffing your jeans, rolling your sleeves etc. Add details that can transform a boring outfit into a take-notice look.
- Wear dark jeans instead of light ones: Always choose the dark Jeans whenever the option arises. Dark wash jeans look more polished than light wash, which tends to look very casual. Also pick skinny jeans or slim legged, as these look more modern and pair well with just about any shoe out there.
- Invest in quality pieces: You should invest in clothing pieces, like blazers, shoes, and sweaters which can help you look put together every day with little effort. Go for neutral colours, like navy, black and grey, as these colours go with just about anything and allow you to add any colour of your choice.
Looking put together doesn’t have to cost you plenty whether in time or money but it does require a little effort every day. Start making these steps a part of your daily routine and see the transformation.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY