The Rise Of The Queen Of Blogging
Blogging first started as an obscure practice for Linda Ikeji but today it has led to the creation of one of the highest-ranked blogs in Nigeria. Like many other “grass to grace” stories, Linda Ikeji started out as a young struggling model striving to make ends meet for herself and her family. Born in 1980, as the second child of seven children, the young entrepreneur began penning down fictitious stories from as early as the age of 10.
Her stories caught the fancy of family and friends who praised her for her creativity and over time she developed a knack for the news. Watching newscasters and interviews was an unusual practice for teenagers of Linda’s age but for her, it was a pass time and when the opportunity presented itself to attend university, Linda chose no other course than Mass Communication.
READ ALSO: How to Deal With Depression; Linda Ikeji
Unfortunately for her, her intended course was switched for English but she decided to make lemonades out of the lemons thrown at her. After University, Linda began her attempt to break into the Journalism trade, launching a media company, Blackdove Communications, and a magazine called FM & B. It wasn’t until Bella Naija – another popular Nigerian blog – carried a story about her that she began to envisage the prospect of blogging.
The Birth Of Lindaikejisblog.com
In 2007, Linda Ikeji started active blogging using a free sub-domain, lindaikeji.blogspot.com, from Google’s Blogger.com. She later obtained her own domain – lindaikejisbog.com. According to her, she started the business with literally no startup and running costs. Today, the blog has become one of the most visited websites in Nigeria and, arguably, the most popular blog in the country. The blog generates high revenue annually from advertisements run by brands and companies.
Few Facts About Lindaikejisblog.com
- In 2016, Lind Ikeji announced the creation of her online TV network, Linda Ikeji TV alongside other brands she was establishing.
- Linda Ikeji has an online radio which operates from Linda Ikeji Media Office.
- Linda Ikeji also launched a Linda Ikeji Social – a social networking platform – with the domain name, lindaikejisocial.com, which is now defunct
- Linda Ikeji was the biggest Google search trend in Nigeria in 2014.
- Linda Ikeji’s blog was shut down by Google on 8 October 2014 but was later restored on the 10th of the same month.
- The blog won the Nigerian Blog Awards NBA for Best Entertainment Blog category in 2013 and the Nigerian Broadcasters Merit Award for “Website/blog of the year” category in the same year.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY