There are 3 different ways in which you can break down your flying time. It can be divided into Short-haul which is a flight lasting anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours.
Medium-haul is defined by flights lasting between 3-6 hours and long–haul flights are those that extend beyond 6 hours.
Here are a few tips to take into consideration if your flight is the long-haul kind.
READ ALSO: Ladies: What To Wear on Long Haul Flights
- Avoid long skirts and maxi dresses: The reason for this is very simple, Airport Security will probably pull you aside and begin a rigorous pat-down. They will want to make sure you have nothing hidden under that flowy dress of yours. Then do you really want to be stuck at an airport for 3 hours with a maxi dress or long skirt?
- Wear layers of clothing that can conveniently fold into a pillow: Having a long-haul flight will mean that you’ll have to sleep for a few hours at least. The good thing about having layers of clothing is that it can be removed and folded to make a pillow for your head.
- Wear something that you can be comfortable in for 24 hours: This is self-explanatory for long hours. You should wear something that will not make you uncomfortable throughout the flight duration.
- Wear clothes that do not restrict you: Don’t wear maxi dresses does not equal to wear tight clothes. Please avoid tight clothing on long-haul flights because your body swells a little as you travel long distances up in the air.
- A big bag or backpack: On overnight flights, you will definitely need a few things. You can dump your personal stuff in the bag
- Pashmina: This is important as they can keep you warm when the temperature drops at night or can be rolled and turned into a pillow. They can jazz up your boring T-shirt or complement whatever you choose as your aeroplane outfit.
- Sunglasses: The reasons for this are two and they are very simple. One: Most people look terrible after 12 hours of interrupted sleep or worse, no sleep at all. Two: Sometimes the person besides the window wants the shades up to watch the sunrise. You just want to sleep and your sunglasses will come in handy then
- Deodorant: If everyone will put on deodorant for a long-haul flight, the aeroplane will be a lot better and nicer. Sometimes the reason your sit partner is cranky can be because of your body odour.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY