Media personality Ebuka Obi-Uchendu has over the years continued to steal hearts with not just his fashion sense but his skills as a TV host. The BBNaija reality TV host, broke the internet last year when he donned a purple agbada for one of the live shows during the BBNaija 2018 season. Ebuka, who is also an actor and model has effortlessly carved a space at the top of the Nigerian entertainment scene.
Here are 5 things we bet you did not know about Ebuka Obi-Uchendu.
1. The TV host was born in Benin City, Edo State. His father is a banker while his mum is a mum. Ebuka is the third out of the four kids his parents have. with an elder sister as well as one older and younger brother. The BBNaija host who hardly talks about his parents, shared a rare photo of him mum back in 2017 to celebrate her 70h birthday. He captioned the mage;
”Mummy is 70 today!!! Three scores and ten!!! Full life. Super grateful. Love her to bits”
2. Ebuka attended his nursery and primary education in Benin. He passed the Common Entrance Examination into secondary school while in Primary Four. Ebuka had his secondary education at Christ The King College Abuja, before heading to the University of Abuja for his degree in Law and the Nigerian Law School Bwari, Abuja. In December 2010, Ebuka graduated from the Washington College of Law of the American University Washington DC, with Master of Laws degree.
3. Euka hit the limelight as one of the 14 housemates on the first season of BBNaija back in 2006. After the show, he went on to sign some endorsement deals with a major telecommunications brand and a popular brewing company. He has since gone on to snag major high-paying gigs and now hosts the BBNaija show.
4. In February 2016, Ebuka tied the knot with HR manager, Cynthia Obianodo. The couple has two kids now. On his decision to not marry a celebrity, Ebuka in an interview said;
“I would say I was probably lucky using the word because I was dating someone who wasn’t in the entertainment industry at all. So it was easy for me to be with her, and have moments with her that nobody really knew about. We dated for quite a while and people thought we date for four months which I thought was funny.”
5. Since his emergence on the scene, he has gone on to snag some awards as well as be nominated for a couple of prestigious awards. He won the Outstanding TV Presenter of the Year (Male) at the Nigerian Broadcaster’s Merit Awards in 2013, 2014 and 2015.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY