Clothes are a very important part of our image and any flaw can be noticed especially when you are going to meet someone for the first time or going for a meeting. How you are dressed is obviously very important in the representation of who you are.
READ ALSO: Rules to Transforming Your Personal Style
- When you are wearing a shirt or a blouse, you should not unbutton more than 2 buttons. You would think this is not new and everyone should know it but you’ll be amazed that in 2019 we still need to spell it out loud.
- You should know the exact or acceptable ways to button your suit or better still, surf the web and read the best way to wear your suits.
- Know how to balance your jewellery which includes your bracelet, necklace and of course, your ring. Who says wearing 3 or 4 things in one look is too much? Fashion savvy 2019 says No.
- You would think that men who wear ties at least once a week will know that the tip of the tie should reach their waist and cross it just a little. But no, in 2019, we still need to do a post that talks about it.
- Dear Sister, I know that you want to show what you have got but may I advise that you opt for either a miniskirt or cleavage. Both at once looks too vulgar.
- If you are somehow wearing your shirt without the hopes of adding a jacket sometimes later, then you really really do not need a tie.
- Your office shirt cleavage should not be deeper than 4″ from your collarbone. I think this should be public office knowledge but I might be wrong.
- If you are tucking in your shirt, you should wear a belt as we both know it looks better
- I know that the new fashion trend dictates that your naked skin can be seen between your cardigan and your jeans and you do not need to wear a top if you do not find it necessary but can you at least limit the places you wear it too, it is not ideal for all occasions and events.
- We have hammered this over and again but here we are still telling the gentlemen that your belt should be the same colour as your shoes
- You have bought the cloth, you have won it but you still think that all visible tags on clothes should not be cut off. What is the end game?
- It is not acceptable to wear too many prints. It is allowed for you to wear 2 different prints of the same colour or 2 coordinating prints of different sizes.
- Your socks should be long enough that your naked legs aren’t seen when you are sitting or wear no socks at all.
- Your office blouse or top without sleeves should at least cover your shoulders. “Spaghetti” straps are not okay in formal situations.