The only place to slay is not at your Owambe party or when you are going out. It is allowed for you to slay every day of the workweek. Nobody and no rules state that you should dress down just because you are going to be behind a desk.
Regardless of what you do and where you work, there are certain outfits that help you look confident.
- A polished blazer: To look topnotch and ahead of the game, give yourself an extra 5 minutes every morning to better plan your outfits then throw on a structured black blazer to start your day looking polished and powerful.
- Go red or go home: Bold colours like red suit show power and confidence and brighten your look. You can wear a monochromatic outfit which will keep you looking simple, sleek, and sophisticated. It is a look that does speak for itself.
- Learn to flatter your figure: For you to really feel confident in your clothing, you need to know how to dress your body type. Wear the clothing that flatters your body shape and emphasises the parts you want to be pronounced.
- The Pencil Skirt: What is a complete office wardrobe without a pencil skirt? Not only does it boost sexiness, but it also increases confidence. Remember that your pencil skirt should hit at the slimmest part of your leg either right above or right below your knee. Nothing more, nothing less.
- Personalize your outfit: The key to confidence is not just knowing your personal style but also being able to and own it. Make sure you always stamp your style on your outfit. Add something that is uniquely you and watch your outfit pop.
- You can never go wrong with an LBD: You should have an LBD as a fixture in your wardrobe because nothing makes a woman look better than a little black dress. When you look good, you feel good. Do not forget to accessorize appropriately for the workplace.
- Have at least one structured bag: You should tend towards d structured bags instead of sloppy ones. The clean lines and distinct shapes imply organization and professionalism.
- Buy a pair of pointed-toe pumps: A great pair of pointed-toe pumps is the perfect option to show both strength and style in your look. These heels instantly enhance any look. Please wear a pair you can walk in because there is nothing worse than trying to balance yourself on a pair that’s too high or uncomfortable.