The 20s is a great time to be alive and they are the years of different milestones, you get your first job, maybe go to grad school. Moving from a regular college set up to one that is more work-oriented or even professional can be a lot of work. So I have come to help you which is why there is a list of essentials you’ll need in your wardrobe to help you.
Okay, I know you are Jat age and thinking you already got it lockdown but continue reading as some of these may be missing in your wardrobe.
- A good bra: Because if the foundation is shaking, the building will collapse. If you are still having a hard time finding well-fitting bras, now is the time to intentionally visit a lingerie store and get an expert fitting.
- Silk Blouse: There is something about silk and it been sewn as blouses, it can get you through class or meetings. You can dress it up for a quick date with a statement necklace, or keep it simple in a professional setting. Invest in a high-quality silk blouse and you will not regret it.
- T-shirts: There is no story to tell for this one. If you do not know how important Tshirts are, I cannot help you at all and you should probably pause the reading of this post and go get one.
- Pair of tailored jeans: Even if you cannot get your exact size off the jeans rack, it can be tailored and tailoring is not that expensive for jeans and will transform the way the jeans hug your body.
- Professional Skirt: This is something that you can pair with the silk blouse mentioned above so you should be thinking more high-waisted than low. Look out especially for materials that won’t cling to any tights that you might wear underneath.
- Little Black Dress: We already have a post about the LBD here https://reterdeen.com/the-short-history-of-your-little-black-dress-aka-lbd/ so no too much story to tell about that one
- A blazer: The blazer is a great piece of clothing to own as it can switch up a look in seconds. If you usually find it hard to get a blazer that fits your body perfectly, a tailor can be of great help to you here.
- Work bag: You have to think about what you need to carry with you on a day-to-day basis or what will be constant in the movement from home to work and then back.
- Appropriate Work Heels: You should choose one in a basic colour of either nude or black. That is a great starting point and then, later on, you can work your way up the colour chart.
- Flats: This one you probably already have in your closet. Flats are great for slipping in your bag for when your feet hurt from heels and they can also be worn on certain outfits.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY