There might be a lot of negative news surrounding us right now but Nigeria is way more than the economy or our president. It is a beautiful country with an amazing array of cultures, lots of astounding sceneries and different travel stops.
This post of 5 places to visit in Nigeria has been put together with the hope that it will not only ginger you but also inspire you to explore more of the country you call home.
- BADAGRY: You might be wondering what Badagry is doing on this list since it’s a part of “Lagos” and I could just have said Lagos in general instead of Badagry. The truth is Badagry is quite far that it practically feels like travelling to another state. You should visit Badagry for the history of the Nigerian, the slave trade route, the beach, and of course, whispering palms.
- ABEOKUTA: One major reason to visit this city is for the Olumo rock. It might no longer be as grand as it used to be when you were a child but some things have to be experienced even if just once. It would be nice for you to also see the Alake’s Palace and Omo forest reserve in Abeokuta.
- CALABAR: Calabar should definitely be on your list because of the Calabar carnival, the Obudu mountain resort, the Becheve nature reserve, Oban Hill, Kwa Falls and Agbokim waterfalls. It is definitely a city to visit.
- ENUGU: It would be nice to mark register in this city while visiting the Awhum cave and the Ngwo pine forest. It is also said that life is a lot calmer there and the hotels, cheaper and better.
- BAUCHI: You probably have never thought of going to the North because of all the violence going on there but the North is such a beautiful place and it has to be added to your list. Majorly for the Yankari game reserve, Gubi Lake, Wikki Warm Springs, Tafawa Balewa’s Mausoleum and Emir’s palace. You should also consider Kaduna, Jos and some of the waterfalls we have in the country.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY