Do you have that friend who always smells amazing no matter what time of day it is? Well, apart from the perfume aside, there is some approach behind when and where to spray as this affects how strong the scent is and how long it will last.
READ ALSO: 6 Ways To Keep Your Home Smelling Fresh
- They Choose More Potent Scents: Note that all scents are not created equal. Citrusy fragrances tend to evaporate quickly, while spicy and woodsy ones linger for a while. So if lasting long is your top concern, you might want to keep your fragrance within those families.
- They Layer Their Fragrances: They wear a few of their favourite perfumes come in different together and build layers of fragrance that stick around and with them throughout the day.
- They Know Where to Apply the Perfumes: Go beyond applying on the wrists and spritz your perfume onto more concealed areas of your body, like your stomach and chest, as well as behind the knees and ears. The body heat here helps to develop the scent so that all the notes come through fully.
- They Never Rub It In: Even though it’s second nature to want to rub your wrists together after applying perfume, you need to resist the urge as rubbing breaks down the top notes, leaving you with only the middle and base notes which equals less wear time.
- They Keep Their Skin Hydrated: They are very sure to moisturize their skin before applying any form of perfume as dry skin tends to absorb some of the scents which makes it fade away faster. What moisturized skin does is give the fragrance something to stick to so that it lasts longer.
- They Know When to Apply It: The sweetest time to apply perfume is right after showering, while your skin is still slightly wet. The extra moisture on your skin helps to lock in the scent and of course, omit the risk of staining your favourite silk blouse or dirtying your jewellery.
- They Reapply Throughout the Day: Your skin is a living, breathing organ and it can’t hold on to scent indefinitely or forever. Keep a travel-size sample or perfume Oil handy for a quick refresh.
- They Store Them Properly: When you expose your perfumes to heat and humidity, it breaks down the scent molecules in your perfume. You need to avoid placing the bottles in the bathroom and instead keep them in cool, dry areas of your home.