A relationship needs a lot of things to flourish and survive and one of such things is support. You can shower them with a lot of love, trust, respect and honesty, but if you’re not being supportive, they’ll feel something missing or the relationship is lacking.
READ ALSO: 9 Signs You are With a Good Partner
- Listen intently: You must know how to listen without wanting to respond. Hear what they are saying and what they are trying to hide. Listening is an important tool in every relationship.
- Your partner should come first: Being able to think of someone else even before yourself shows just how much that person means to you even though humans are selfish, some more than others. But when in love, you want them to have everything in the world.
- Laugh with and at each other: Being in a relationship doesn’t have to be all about deep conversations. You can be silly and goofy around each other. A good laugh is always needed and welcomed.
- Be attentive: Attention is what every human is designed to need even though some might claim otherwise. No matter how long you’ve been in your relationship, never allow yourself to believe that you both fully know each other so your partner does not need your attention or they do not crave it.
- Be the helping hand: Make each other’s life easier, ease their burden when and if you can. Look out for him or her and do whatever you can to make life less difficult.
- Have a ‘We’re in this together’ approach: As a couple, you’re going to go through a lot of things together. And these are the times when you both need each other the most. Don’t ever fall short of doing your part.
- Accept and apologize: To err is human. You may have failed them in some way but that doesn’t have to be the end of the world. Apologize and try not to do the same thing again.
- Be honest: You’re the one person they’re closest to in the whole wide world and they depend on you for a lot of things. One of which is honesty. They trust you to be entirely honest with them, irrespective of the situation or circumstance, they expect you to be 100% down with them.
Put all of these in practice and you’ll see things getting so much better than they were before in your relationship. You both are a work in progress so take it one day at a time.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY