According to the World Wide Web, Vegetarianism is the practice of abstaining from the consumption of meat, and may also include abstention from by-products of animals processed for food. Vegetarianism may be adopted for various reasons including respect for sentient life, old age or just eating healthier.
Most vegetarians think that getting delicious and pocket-friendly food is not easily accessible in Lagos which is why we have listed several restaurants around the city that have menus catering to both vegetarians and vegans.
- The Yellow Chilli: The Yellow Chilli with its casual setting and atmosphere has found new ways of making Nigerian meals and also introducing Nigerians to amazing tastes. The restaurant has Nigerian meals specifically tailored to vegetarian and vegan tastes.
- B.L Restaurant: This Bulgarian-Lebanese restaurant offers fine dining and has a formal atmosphere. It serves a wide range of European cuisines and different types of salad that are vegan-friendly.
- Hard Cafe Cafe: This rock’n’roll-themed and artsy Café is a vegetarian- and vegan-friendly restaurant. The café provides a variety of meals that are both filling and excellently prepared. Their prices are a bit on the high side but it is not too bad for the quality of food provided.
- Veggie Victory: This casual restaurant is the first vegetarian- and vegan-only Nigerian restaurant. It is located in Dolphin Estate, Ikoyi and offers both continental and traditional menus.
- Izanagi Japanese Cuisine: This has been rated as the best Japanese restaurant in Lagos and some will argue that it is the best in all of Nigeria. The restaurant which offers fine dining is a quiet and cosy restaurant that tends to its clients’ needs with efficiency and is usually opened from midday to 11 pm. They have a gluten-free menu that includes mushrooms, seaweed salads, sushi and the vegetarian meals also include vegan options.
- Happy Healthy Food: This quirky pop-up place in Festac offers gluten-free, dairy-free, and wheat-free organic meals with vegan options. They also offer customised snacks, such as chocolate brownies, banana oatmeal and raisin cookies, granola and chia seed breakfast pots, and the most delicious smoothies. They are open from 9:30 am till 5 pm.
- Spice Route: This restaurant mainly offers Asian meals at affordable prices. It is one of the chicken samosas for starters, pakora, onion bhaji, desserts, salads, smoothies, beverages, cocktails and more. The restaurant which also has fine dining, a great ambience and excellent service is opened from 11 am to 11 pm on Monday to Thursdays and 4 am on Fridays.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY