Whether you are on a bus or up there flying the beautiful skies, Traveling is quite fun and exciting. Taking pictures, meeting new people, trying new food are just some of the enjoyable activities that come to your mind when you plan on hitting the road. However, when kids are involved, they tend to zap out the fun when traveling. By kids here I mean toddlers, not teenagers – teens are another kettle of fish. Hopefully, I will share tips on how to survive traveling with teens soon. Well, let’s get back to the nitty-gritty of this article. Kids are adorable but these adorable creatures are sometimes unpredictable and fussy. Below are some effective tip so help you enjoy the hours you will be on the road or on the plane traveling with them
1) A BAG OF SNACKS: Like the doctor will always say, an apple a day will keep the doctor away. When traveling it is advisable to bring the snacks because a bag full of snacks will keep your kid’s boredom away. However, you need to be careful of the kind of snacks you bring along. Avoid sugary snacks if don’t them to have a stomach upset.
2) DOWNLOAD CARTOONS: While traveling with kids, ensure you load up your smartphone with some kids cartoons like Dora the Explorer, Peppa Pig, Wonder pets etc. This can be a lifesaver and would give you some alone time while traveling.
3) BRING SOME TOYS: Even if the journey is just an hour, make sure you bring some toys if you don’t want to hear any whining or see any displeased face.
4) EXTRA DIAPERS: if your kid is still using diapers, ensure you take some extra with you. Just in case things get messy. Kids can get very cranky if their diapers get soiled.
5) EXTRA WIPES: It is the second nature for babies and toddlers to drop spits. Get a rolled tissue for easy cleanup.
6) GARBAGE BAG: kids are known for creating a mess. With that in mind, make sure you have a garbage bag with you to dispose of the mess your kids will make.
Having known these tips, you won’t have a second thought allowing your kid tag along with you when you travel or taking leaving them with a babysitter. If you plan properly and do things right, there will be no crying or whining, you won’t just survive, you will enjoy every minute with them.