Tomorrow, on October 31, Halloween will be celebrated in some parts of the world thanks to the belief that the barrier between the living and the dead is at its weakest on that day. Although this this belief can be dismissed as superstition, there is no denying that the mention of the holiday sends chills down some people’s spines.
If you have some interest in Halloween or you’re in the mood to be given a fright, here are 15 scary quotes that will do the tricks. Let’s hope you can sleep this night though.
1. “Hope not ever to see Heaven. I have come to lead you to the other shore; into eternal darkness; into fire and into ice.” – Emily Dickinson
2. Monsters are real, ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win. – Stephen King, ‘The Shining’
3. “Danger doesn’t lurk at every corner. It’s just hanging out, waiting for fear and horror to show up.” – Unknown
4. “Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.” – Charles Addams
5. “It is a mistake to fancy that horror is associated inextricably with darkness, silence, and solitude.” – H.P. Lovecraft
6. “Stare at the dark too long and you will eventually see what isn’t there.” – Unknown
7. “I’m so curious about knowing the unknown; it can be scary, but I see it as a game.” – Hrithik Roshan
8. “I know that if I wasn’t scared, something’s wrong, because the thrill is what’s scary.” – Richard Pryor
9. “Despite my ghoulish reputation, I really have the heart of a small boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk.” – Robert Bloch
10. “Listen to them, the children of the night. What music they make!” -Bram Stoker, ‘Dracula’
11. “There are horrors beyond life’s edge that we do not suspect, and once in a while man’s evil prying calls them just within our range.” – H.P. Lovecraft
12. “Just when you think you’ve hit rock bottom, you realize you’re standing on another trapdoor.” –
15. “Just when you think you’ve hit rock bottom, you realize you’re standing on another trapdoor.” –
18. “Maybe all the schemes of the devil were nothing compared to what man could think up.” –