See ehn, No relationship should require you to give up everything. You need to draw the line, that line that will tell you where to stop giving. If you have to sacrifice any of the following things to ‘save’ your relationship, then it’s time to sit down and consider a few things.
- Yourself: We all know deep down that someone who truly loves you will never ever try and change you for anything. They love you for who you are, your individuality. They will, of course, want you to be a better version of yourself but they will never stop you from being you or alternate your personality for the sake of being in a relationship.
- Your freedom: It is important to the growth of your relationship to spend time with your partner, lots of it, but you also need space for yourself. A healthy space is very important and you shouldn’t be giving that up.
- Your present relationships: Your partner should not control who you hang out with, or put your relationship with people you are close to, in jeopardy. Your relationships with other people should not suffer just because you have a boo or bae.
- Your morals: Everyone who is living has developed a set of values and morals that become a part of who they are as a person. If you are not into pre-marital sex, don’t feel pressured to accept it. Giving up whatever your morals are because of what your partner feels about it is not the way to go.
- Your happiness: If a relationship doesn’t make you happy or add value to your life then why are you in it? If you’re generally unsatisfied with the relationship, then it’s not worth it. Because you should never compromise on your happiness.
- Your self-respect: This self-respect thing is very important. You should never compromise it and accept insults, verbal or physical abuse. You should feel safe both emotionally and physically with your partner. They should not take away anything that has to do with your dignity or esteem.
- Your privacy: You should be transparent and honest in your relationship, but that does not give your partner the right to invade your privacy especially if you guys have boundaries set. Your privacy should be respected.
- Having a family: If you are the kind of person who wants to get married, settle down and have kids someday let your partner know and if you do not, your partner should know and accept it. It is very important to be on the same page in matters like this.
- Your ambitions: Your ambitions are valid, they are real. They are what drives us, motivates us and make us happy. Your partner should know that and understand it. You should not give up your relationship for it.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY