Late nights and early mornings don’t make a good combination and if you live and work in a city like Lagos, this might just be your everyday routine. Even though you’re getting things done, you’re unable to give it your best.
The start of the day usually determines the rest of the day, so here’s a couple of things that you could do to possibly make your mornings better and of course, your entire day.
- Early to bed, early to rise: This is still the simplest solution and you definitely have known it since your childhood. To get up early definitely means going to bed early in the first place. Getting up earlier would definitely have you worn out before your bedtime but that means you’d be able to sleep early as well.
- Acknowledge your blessings: If you’re one of those people who wake up and immediately start worrying over the list of things to do for the day, you need to stop. Ease your mind and tell yourself that even if things don’t turn out the way you want that day, you still have a lot to be thankful for.
- Try and stretch: We all know the importance of exercise yet many of us fail to find time for it. The least you can do is to stretch after you wake up which allows your movements to become more fluid and blood flow enhanced throughout the body.
- Don’t rush through the morning: Even if you are starting your mornings with the things you like to do, don’t go from one thing to the other in a robotic motion. When you do, it makes you miss out on your environment and the people surrounding you. Let everything sink in.
- Do only what needs to be done: It’s impossible to do everything in one single day and you never know, what might unexpectedly come up which further adds to the to-do list. So instead of trying to achieve the impossible, focus on the most important thing on that particular day and deal with it first before going down the list.
- Allow yourself to be inspired: Depending on what works for you and your mood, find something that inspires every morning which could be a book, a song or someone that you hold in admiration. It can be anything.
- Do something that you look forward to: You definitely have a list of things, that you actually want to do, rather than things you have to do. So start your day with one thing you want to do, It’d help you relax and manage your mood and you’ll feel more prepared for the whole day.
- Don’t try taking on too much: Just because you woke up early does not mean you should try to over-achieve. Don’t overburden yourself. Do only the most important things early and adjust the others in the remainder of your day.
- Take water first: The first thing to consume on an empty stomach is water before a healthy breakfast. Water also tends to drive away drowsiness as well. Stop depriving your body of what it needs most.
- Try Coffee: If none of the 9 options works, then you certainly must try coffee. The caffeine will definitely give you the jump-start that you need to ride through the morning but be careful as caffeine is known to be addictive.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY