Long Distance Relationships are not a bed of roses as there are many circumstances in life that force or try to wedge things in the middle of the relationship including bearing the separation pains without harming your relationship.
It takes an emotional and physical toll on both parties, adding to the normal ups and downs of being in a relationship.
- OUT OF SIGHT SHOULD NOT BE OUT OF MIND: In a typical long-distance relationship, the feeling of insecurity with the distance causes problems as every day passes by. Try conveying your feelings openly and let him/her know the things that you miss.
- TRUSTING EACH OTHER: Lack of trust is one of the major problems in a long-distance relationship that pull couples mentally apart causing more harm than the physical distance. When your partner is far away from you, you should still exhibit the same amount of trust in them than as when they were with you.
- STAYING IN TOUCH: Lack of Communication is one of the most common problems in a long-distance relationship. Couples living apart by physical distance must ensure that they are more than close to each other through constant communication and should allocate a particular time every day to talk to their partner.
- APPRECIATION GOES A LONG WAY: One of the major emotional needs every human feel is the want of appreciation for all their efforts irrespective of it being either small or big. When you are distanced away from your better half, the minimum you can do for each other is to appreciate each of your efforts in a mutual manner.
- BE OPEN ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS: Another main reason why long-distance relationships fail is that the couples do not convey their feelings at all. This feeling destroys the relationship, sometimes to irreparable levels. Telling your partner that you miss them goes a long way.
- SEND GIFTS OF LOVE: If you are in a LDR, you can send your partner a surprise gift to express your love and remind him/her of what you share. What else can be more consoling than these?
- REACTING IN THE RIGHT WAY: Maturity is a key to maintain a long-distance relationship in a healthy manner. You need to react in the right manner in whatever situation to avoid your relationship from becoming chaotic.
- IS THE LOVE TRUE: If your love is true, not even distance can separate you. It is all in your hands. Even if you are miles apart or very next to each other, only YOU can save your relationship if what you share is true.