Many have come to love Kevin Hart for his amazing sense of humour and ability to amuse any crowd. When he first started his comedy career, not many would have thought that the little guy from Philadelphia will become a comedy icon in Hollywood. Today, he has surpassed expectations, selling out arenas all over the world and headlining blockbusters movies.
Below are 10 crazy facts about Kevin Hart.
1. Before Hart found his way into Hollywood, he was a shoe salesman. He was pretty good at selling footwear and was even had a job lined up with Nile. However, he had to focus on his passion for comedy and abandon shoes to pursue a full-time stand up comedy career.
2. Kevin Hart is reportedly only 5’2″ tall.
3. He is a running enthusiast. He has participated in several marathons including the New York City Marathon which he completed in just over 4 hours and the Chicago Marathon at a similar time which he completed at a similar time.
4. Early on in his career, Hart made several on screen appearances including the music video for “Lean Back” by the hip hop group Terror Squad. “Lean Back” was one one of the biggest songs of 2004 and it spent three weeks on the Billboard Hot 100. He went on to appear in music videos of artists like T-Pain, Trey Songz, and J.Cole.
5. Hart has been married twice. He was first married to Torrei Skipper who he divorced in 2010. He went on to marry Eniko Parrish in 2016 who has a son with him.
6. Hart’s first movie role was in the 2012 film Think Like A Man. The movie made over $90 million and made Hart more popular as a comedian.
7. Earlier this year, Kevin Hart suffered a major car accident which left him badly injured. He later revealed that this experience changed his perspective of life. “I see life from a whole new perspective. My appreciation for life is through the roof. I’m thankful for my family, for my friends. I’m thankful for the people that simply ride with me and that have been with me because you stood by me. My fans, thankful for all of your love and support. So don’t take today for granted, because tomorrow is not a promise. More importantly, I’m thankful for God. I’m thankful for life. I’m thankful for simply still being here, on the road to being a bigger and better me. Looking forward to an amazing 2020,” he said in an interview.
8. Kevin Hart has won several awards in the course of his career. He has multiple awards in categories such as People’s Choice, Kids’ Choice, and Teen Choice Awards. In 2016, he was awarded his own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame which is considered one of his biggest accomplishments so far.
9. Throughout his career, he has had the honour of hosting several shows. He hosted the BET Awards in 2011 and the MTV Video Music Awards in 2012. In 2016, he co-hosted the MTV Movie Awards with Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.
10. Things were not always rosy for Kevin Hart. He was often booed off the stage and he once had a chicken thrown at him. However, this negative reactions forced him to propelled him to improved upon his comedic style and voice.