The Godfather is unarguably one of the best films of all time. It stands out for its powerful themes about life and family. If you’ve read the book or seen the movie, you’d probably have come across some meaningful dialogues and scenes that always get one thinking.
Here are 10 quotes extracted from these dialogues you can always refer to anytime you need refill of badassery.
1. “Tom, don’t let anybody kid you. It’s all personal, every bit of business. Every piece of shit every man has to eat every day of his life is personal. They call it business. OK. But it’s personal as hell. You know where I learned that from? The Don. My old man. The Godfather. If a bolt of lightning hit a friend of his the old man would take it personal. He took my going into the Marines personal. That’s what makes him great. The Great Don. He takes everything personal Like God. He knows every feather that falls from the tail of a sparrow or however the hell it goes? Right? And you know something? Accidents don’t happen to people who take accidents as a personal insult.” – Mario Puzo, The Godfather.
2. “Italians have a little joke, that the world is so hard a man must have two fathers to look after him, and that’s why they have godfathers.” – Mario Puzo, The Godfather
3. “I don’t trust society to protect us, I have no intention of placing my fate in the hands of men whose only qualification is that they managed to con a block of people to vote for them.” ― Mario Puzo, The Godfather
4. “Friendship is everything. Friendship is more than talent. It is more than the government. It is almost the equal of family.- Don Corleone” ― Mario Puzo, The Godfather
5. “Great men are not born great, they grow great . . .” ― Mario Puzo, The Godfather
6. “Accidents don’t happen to people who take accidents as a personal insult.” ― Mario Puzo, The Godfather
7. “Many young men started down a false path to their true destiny. Time and fortune usually set them aright.” ― Mario Puzo, The Godfather
8. “He had long ago learned that society imposes insults that must be borne, comforted by the knowledge that in this world there comes a time when the most humble of men, if he keeps his eyes open, can take his revenge on the most powerful. It was this knowledge that prevented the Don from losing the humility all his friends admired in him.” ― Mario Puzo, The Godfather
9. “Yet, he thought, if I can die saying, “Life is so beautiful,” then nothing else is important. If i can believe in myself that much, nothing else matters.” ― Mario Puzo, The Godfather
10. “Time erodes gratitude more quickly than it does beauty!” ― Mario Puzo, The Godfather
How many of these quotes did you like? Let us know in the comment section below.