In life, we always want the good things and this can result in us wanting more than is necessary. This can lead to unhappiness and take away a person’s peace of mind. If you really want to enjoy life and see beauty even in small things, then you should be able to recognize that less is more.
Here are 10 quotes to always help you remember that less is always more.
1. “I feel like my style’s always been influenced by ‘less is more.’ The coolest styles are kind of simple and classic, like a white T-shirt and jeans. Maybe you have a cool belt and cool shoes, but everything else you keep simple.” – Chris Evans
2. “The point is that minimalism is a tool to help you achieve freedom. Freedom from fear, freedom from worry, freedom from overwhelm, freedom from guilt, freedom from depression, freedom from enslavement. Freedom. Real freedom.” ~Joshua Fields Millburn & Ryan Nicodemus
3. “The more things we accumulate, the more cluttered our lives become, and the more stressed we feel as we are compelled to think about them. Life is about people not about things.” ~ Natalie Vellacott
4. “Living simply is not about living in poverty or self-inflicted deprivation. It’s about living an examined life where one has determined what is truly important and enough … and then just let go of all the rest.” ~ Duane Elgin
5. “Having more and more won’t solve the problem, and happiness does not lie in possessions, or even relationships. The answer lies within ourselves. If we can’t find peace and happiness there, it’s not going to come from the outside.” ~Tenzin Palmo
6. “A simple life is a life of both less and more. It’s a life of less distraction, less consumption, and less of the inessential, to make room for more mindfulness, more intention, and more of what matters.” ~Melissa Camara Wilkins
7. “To truly cherish the things that are important to you, you must first discard those that have outlived their purpose. And if you no longer need them, then that is neither wasteful or shameful. Can you truthfully say that you treasure something buried so deeply in a cupboard or a drawer that you have forgotten its existence?” ~Marie Kondo
8. “Busy does not equal important. Measured doesn’t mean it mattered.” ~Seth Godin
9. “Debt is the worst poverty. Debt keeps us up at night and causes us to fear the future. Debt enslaves us to a life of routine and conformity. It is nearly impossible to feel at peace, happy or content with the weight of debt on our shoulders.” ~Kathy Gottberg
10. “If one had taken what is necessary to cover one’s needs and had left the rest to those who are in need, no one would be rich, no one would be poor, no one would be in need.” — Saint Basil
How many of these quotes did you like? Tell us in the comment section below.