The Marvel Cinematic Universe has brought us some interesting characters over the years. From the electrifying Thor (God of Thunder) to the mischievous Loki, there has been no shortage of great characters.
But one that has stood out so far is Thanos, the mad titan, who is so ruthless and determined to wipe out half of the universe that it is almost impossible to stop him. He is such a complex and terrifying character that it would take a long time for another MCU villain to outmatch personality.
Here are 10 of his best quotes that MCU fans will never forget.
1. I know what it’s like to lose. To feel so desperately that you’re right, yet to fail nonetheless. It’s frightening. Turns the legs to jelly. I ask you, to what end? Dread it. Run from it. Destiny arrives all the same. And now, it’s here. Or should I say, I am. – Thanos
2. You could not live with your own failure. Where did that bring you? Back to me. I thought by eliminating half of life, the other half would thrive. But you’ve shown me, that’s impossible. And as long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be. They will resist. – Thanos
3. The hardest choices require the strongest wills. – Thanos
4. Fun isn’t something one considers when balancing the universe. But this… does put a smile on my face. – Thanos
5. You have my respect, Stark. When I’m done, half of humanity will still be alive. I hope they remember you. – Thanos
6. “You were going to bed hungry, scrounging for scraps. Your planet was on the brink of collapse. I’m the one who stopped that. You know what’s happened since then? The children born have known nothing but full bellies and clear skies. It’s a paradise.”- Thanos
5. “I will shred this universe down to its last atom and then, with the stones you’ve collected for me, create a new one. It is not what is lost but only what it is been given… a grateful universe.”
7. “You’re a great fighter, Gamora. Come. Let me help you.” – Thanos
8. “Going to bed hungry. Scrounging for scraps. Your planet was on the brink of collapse. I was the one who stopped that. You know what’s happened since then? The children born have known nothing but full bellies and clear skies. It’s a paradise.” – Thanos
9. I’m the only one who knows that. At least I’m the only who has the will to act on it. For a time, you had that same will. As you fought by my side, daughter. – Thanos
10. With all six stones, I can simply snap my fingers, they would all cease to exist. I call that mercy.” – Thanos
Love him or hate him, you can’t deny the fact that Thanos is an iconic character. Which of these quotes from him did you love the most? Which scenes in “Avengers: Infinity War” did he say them and to who? Tell us in the comments section below.