The art of dating yourself is very simple: it means doing something fun, relaxing, thought-provoking, creative, active and maybe a little crazy for you. ALL FOR YOU. Taking yourself out on a date is what we are talking about here.
Dating yourself means you can try new things without asking permission, not compromising and showing yourself the love you truly deserve.
READ ALSO: Lagos and Ways to Survive in it
Without plenty of stories, here are ways to date yourself.
- BOOKS OR BOOKSTORE AND YOUR FAVORITE DRINK: For those who consider themselves bookworms, when was the last time you had some good reading time? First, find a library or download a book that has been on your to-read list and then take yourself to a coffee shop or grab a drink and start turning those pages. Stay for as long as you can afford to.
- SPA DAY: This date should not take much convincing if the plan is to have the proper spa experience. Have a look in your area to see if you can find spas. If not, see a massage therapist or have a more affordable spa day at home.
- TRY A NEW ACTIVITY: We all have things in our mind or on our bucket list that we want to try. Do it for yourself to grow your self-esteem, to laugh, have fun and spend time with great people like you.
- TAKE YOURSELF TO LUNCH: I do not mean that hurried meal you grab in between work hours or that eat while typing furiously at your laptop. I am saying have the kind of lunch where once you’ve eaten, you can have a nap, enjoy a book or listen to music.
- DINNER & WINE: Who says you can’t make yourself a gorgeous dinner along with a glass of wine or your favorite drink? If you know there is a night that you can arrange to be home alone, then treat yourself to a dish that only you love. If you do not want to go through the stress of cooking, you can have your food delivered and then have your meal with a little Netflix.
- TAKE YOURSELF TO THE MOVIES: If you haven’t done this before, don’t be shy about going to the movies alone. If you have done the movies on your own and love it – then take the time you need and go more often. It’s a fun way to escape the hustle and bustle of every day and just enjoy!