Michael Jordan is a basketball legend. He has several accolades to his name as well as a blossoming career which has seen him become the world’s third-richest African-American. Yet, he encountered a lot of setbacks early on in his life. From being rejected from his high school team to multiple retirements in his professional career, Michael Jordan is no stranger to adversity.
If there is one thing that makes him stand out, it is his ability to never give up.
These quotes by the basketball legend prove he knows a thing or two about hardwork and dedication
1. The minute you get away from fundamentals – whether it’s proper technique, work ethic or mental preparation – the bottom can fall out of your game, your schoolwork, your job, whatever you’re doing. – Michael Jordan
2. If you do the work you get rewarded. There are no shortcuts in life. – Michael Jordan
3. Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen. – Michael Jordan
4. Failure is acceptable. but not trying is a whole different ball park. – Michael Jordan
5. Every time I feel tired while I am exercising and training, I close my eyes to see that picture, to see that list with my name. This usually motivates me to work again. – Michael Jordan
7 I never looked at the consequences of missing a big shot… When you think about the consequences you will always think of the negative result. – Michael Jordan
8. I’m not out there sweating for three hours every day just to find out what it feels like to sweat. – Michael Jordan
9. It’s heavy duty to try to do everything and please everybody. My job was to go out there and play the game of basketball as best I can. People may not agree with that. I can’t live with what everyone’s impression of what I should or what I shouldn’t do. – Michael Jordan
10. Be true to the game, because the game will be true to you. If you try to shortcut the game, then the game will shortcut you. If you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you. That’s truly about the game, and in some ways that’s about life too. – Michael Jordan
11. Heart is what separates the good from the great. – Michael Jordan
12. I would tell players to relax and never think about what’s at stake. Just think about the basketball game. If you start to think about who is going to win the championship, you’ve lost your focus. – Michael Jordan
13. You can practice shooting 8 hours a day, but if your technique is wrong, then all you become is very good at shooting the wrong way. Get the fundamentals down and the level of everything you do will rise. – Michael Jordan
14. The game has its ups and downs, but you can never lose focus of your individual goals and you can’t let yourself be beat because of lack of effort. – Michael Jordan
15. You have competition every day because you set such high standards for yourself that you have to go out every day and live up to that. – Michael Jordan
If you liked these Michael Jordan quotes, share them with your friends and loved ones to motivate them.