Celebrity blogger Linda Ikeji needs little or no introduction.
Linda was born on 19 September 1980 in Imo State and is the second child of her parents and a graduate of the University of Lagos.
Here are 10 things you should know about Linda Ikeji.
1. She was born on 19 September 1980 in Imo State, Nigeria.
2. Linda was raised in a Catholic family and is the second child of her parents.
3. She began writing at the age of 10 and is now the highest paid blogger in the country.
4. She bagged a degree in English Language from the University of Lagos in 2004.
5. She started out as a waitress, model and a writer before becoming a household name in the blogging industry.
I started modelling at age 17, not as a passion but as a way to make ends meet. I did a lot of part-time jobs while in school – one even included me selling beer at hotels. I would leave school at 1pm and start selling from 2pm to 10pm, and in turn get paid N1500 [US$4.15] a day,” she said.
“I never expected it. As a matter of fact, I started blogging in November 2006 as an extension of my writing hobby and because I was inspired by BellaNaija’s blog, which started in June 2006.”
“I was going through my stats recently and it dawned on me that all this has been a gradual process. From 10 views in 2008 to a thousand, years later, then a million and so on. It didn’t just happen, I had to stick to it.”
6. Linda has a non profit project themed “I’d rather be self made; No thanks”, which helps young girls between the ages of 16-25 years who have great business ideas accomplish their dreams.
“I don’t want to be just a rich blogger. I want to impact society, I want to help young girls grow without having to succumb to negative ventures to do that. When I speak to young people, I tell them that passion is what will get you there, not just money.”
7. In August 2012, Forbes Africa featured Linda Ikeji, as one of Africa’s 20 Most Prominent Women
8. Linda bagged the award for the Best Entertainment Blog at the 2013 Nigeria Blog Awards.
9. She welcomed her son Jayce in 2018.
10. She is a fighter and never accepts defeat.
“I’ve been involved in a couple of controversies with celebrities and politicians. I remember in 2012 when I was involved in one and the guy promised to bring down my blog.
“Then one day I woke up to find my blog deleted and this guy gloating on social media that he was behind it. But one thing about me is I may get knocked down but I never stay down. I got it up and running again in two days.”
Know more about Linda? Share with us in the comment section.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY