Getting quality sleep is essential for living a healthy life. It keeps you from falling sick, helps you maintain a healthy weight and can improve your overall productivity. On the other hand, lack of sleep has been linked to several diseases like diabetes and heart disease. Not getting enough sleep can also affect one’s performance in everyday tasks.
The bottom line is you need to pay attention to your sleeping habits if you want to enjoy good health and maximise your success in life.
Here are 10 inspiring quotes about the importance of getting a good night’s sleep.
1. “It is a common experience that a problem difficult at night is resolved in the morning after the committee of sleep has worked on it.” – John Steinbeck
2. “Anyone can escape into sleep, we are all geniuses when we dream, the butcher’s the poet’s equal there.” – Emile M. Cioran
3. “Sleep has been provided by nature to do the body’s healing work, and it takes seven or eight hours for this process to happen. Commit to getting at least seven to eight hours of good quality sleep every night to keep your body and hormones in balance.”- Suzanne Somers
4. “By helping us keep the world in perspective, sleep gives us a chance to refocus on the essence of who we are. And in that place of connection, it is easier for the fears and concerns of the world to drop away.” – Ariana Huffington
5. “Nothing makes you feel better than when you get into a hotel bed, and the sheets feel so good. Why shouldn’t you wake up like that every day? Spend money on your mattress and bedding because these things make a difference on your sleep and, ultimately, your happiness.” – Bobby Berk
6. “I think my favourite beauty mantra would be getting a good night of sleep – it works wonders for your skin. And once you wake up, post your shower, ice your face. It really, really helps your skin.” – Kriti Kharbanda
7. “The more sleep you get in before the clock turns midnight, the more rested you feel no matter what time your alarm goes off.” – Summer Sanders
8. ”Sleep marks passing time, giving us distance from the things that have hurt us. When a person is wounded they will often fall unconscious. Similarly, someone who hears traumatic news will often swoon or faint. This is the mind’s way of protecting itself from pain.” – Patrick Rothfuss
9. ”Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.” – Benjamin Franklin
10. ”For the body, first—sleep, and enough of it, is the prime necessity. Enough exercise, and good food and enough, are other necessities. But sleep—good sleep, and enough of it—this is a necessity without which you cannot have the exercise of use, nor the food.” — Edward Everett Hale
Did you enjoy these sleep quotes? Let us know in the comment section below.