Signs You are (or will be) an Awesome Partner
Have you ever asked yourself what it takes to be a great life partner? The effort you would have to put in. Including patience. Apart from the basics, it requires a lot of more important things that should be found in you.
This post is more or less a self-assessment, if you don’t possess at least 5 points out of this article, you need to work on it because it’s very vital if you want your relationship to last. Let’s begin.
READ ALSO: 7 Common Mistakes Male Partners Make
- You know you’re perfect in your own way: The key to being an amazing life partner is knowing you’re not perfect according to the world’s definition of “perfection”. You need to completely accept and love yourself, to make every effort you can in enhancing your own personality for you and not let anything get in the way. Do not look down on yourself because someone did not appreciate you before. Be that amazing life partner by loving yourself first, then love your partner with all of your heart and soul.
- You aren’t afraid of your past: Every one of us has baggage from the past with us, we all have mistakes we wish we had not made but the thing is, we have learnt to live with it for the sake of our happiness and our future. Be someone who has a firm grip on the past, who isn’t running away from it but is not dwelling on it either.
- You don’t mind saying sorry: You need to be someone who finds rendering an apology easy without thinking twice about it. You can’t always pay obeisance to your ego here and be blunt about things especially if you hurt your partner in any way. The key though is to never say it without actually meaning it.
- You’re a good listener: Being a good listener is very vital if you’re going to be in a relationship for the long run. Don’t be the “head nodder”. Pay attention to your partner, listen to what they’re saying, even take part in the conversation.
- You’re okay with letting others win: Relationships will ask that you compromise and let go of your ego and pride and you need to be okay with it. Sometimes you will have to let others win for the greater good.
- You don’t want anyone to fix you: Relationships aren’t made to fix your life, they’re meant to make it better. If you expect your relationship to bring happiness in your sad life, you’re going to have a bad time and probably go through a lot of ordeals because of it too. Before committing to anyone, make sure you have a firm grip on your life in general.
- You don’t want to fix anyone: You’re someone who doesn’t try to change people merely for your own benefits or tells people to be who they want to be in life because that’s how they’ll excel in life. You’re someone who doesn’t judge people because you know you’re also human and you’re also not perfect.
- You’re completely self-aware: Be someone who is completely aware of their flaws, their capabilities, their strengths and weaknesses. Be someone who knows what they want, because that’s how you’ll get amazing at big decisions and that’s what attracts people towards you. Accept your flaws happily, because they’re yours.
- You’re selfish in a good way: Loving yourself is necessary that you completely recognize your abilities and accept who you are as a person and love that person before you can love someone else. I am not a fan of relationships where people forget themselves and just think of their partners, your relationship isn’t supposed to make you forget about the most important person in your life which is YOU.