Sometimes, you find yourself running, hustling, grinding, chasing and at the end of the day, you realize that you are unsatisfied. What you don’t realize is, sometimes, you are the problem, burdening yourself with unnecessary pressure.
Don’t tight the world to your chest.
We can borrow you a few ways to ease the hardness that you are trying so desperately to bake your life into.
READ ALSO: These 5 Super Tips Can Save a Child’s Life
- Do not let fear control you: The truth is everyone is afraid of something, the difference between us is we are not allowing it control who we are or what we do. You are afraid of failure, afraid to take any risks, afraid of rejection, afraid of dying, afraid of even breathing. Ahan. Look, you will never grow if you are scared of everything.
- Do not be in competition all the time: Competition is good especially when it is the healthy kind but please note that it is not everyone you are supposed to be competing with. Focusing your view on a few people and making them your competition, with or without them knowing is just trying to dig your own grave before you are even dead. The only person you should try to be better than, is who you were yesterday.
- Learn to move on: All your bad experiences, bitter memories, negative people, loss unhappiness, regrets, have to go and it can only happen when you let them. Make peace with all of them, accept it and then do the needful; Letting go is always hard, but it’s always worth it.
- Learn to give as much as you take: There are givers and there are takers, but givers are always happier than the takers. So choose today which team you want to be on. Get involved with people, spread positivity, volunteer somewhere, give someone a compliment, a word of encouragement, even a smile.
- Stop looking for shortcuts: Why are you always looking for the easy way out, cutting corners where you can, afraid of working hard? Why do you want to bypass even if that means doing the wrong thing? This might give you temporary happiness, but in the long run, you will be sad.
- Stop accepting negativity: Stop surrounding yourself with things that don’t add joy to your life, a job that doesn’t make you happy, a relationship which is going nowhere, a friend who always looks down on you, overlooking your own needs, accepting egotistical and selfish behaviours. Lose what no longer serves you because you are responsible for your own happiness and no one else gets to choose for you.
- Take time out to relax: This last point is very important, you need to know that you’ll live just once and life doesn’t stop so you should once in a while. You need to take time out for yourself, take care of yourself emotionally and mentally. Allow yourself some time to unwind.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY