It is either you know Jason Momoa for his role as Khal Drogo in Game of Thrones or you know him for his more popular role as Aquaman The man has is a talented actor and seems set for an amazing career in Hollywood. Asides from his acting career, he also has an interesting personal life.
Here are 10 interesting facts you probably know about Jason Momoa
1. Jason Momoa was raised by his mother for most of his formative years before moving to reconnect with his fathers in his 20s.
2. Momoa had a crush on his current wife, Lisa Bonet, since he was eight. They were eventually introduced to each other at a bar club in 2005. The rest, they say, is history.
3. Jason Momoa owns a production company named “Pride of Gypsies” which he founded in 2010. The company has worked on several projects including an ad for the clothing brand Carhartt, a short film about his family and the film Road to Paloma.
4. Momoa has a close relationships with his step daughter, Zoe Kravitz , who is also an actress. They share cute pictures together and Momoa even attended her recent wedding.
READ ALSO: 15 Weird and Interesting Facts About Hyenas
5. Momoa is an avid rock climber. He took up this hobby while he was growing up in Iowa and continued with it into his adulthood.
6. He auditioned to play Batman in the DC Extended Universe (DCEU) but he felt he won’t do justice to it. This is because he doesn’t consider himself white due to his Native Hawaiian heritage.
7. Though Momoa is buffed up, he doesn’t go to the gym. Instead, he prefers to run, box, surf, and climb. To him, gym workouts are monotonous in comparison.
8. In 2011, Momoa made some remarks about rape which stirred criticism from many fans. He said: “But as far as sci-fi and fantasy, I love that genre because there are so many things you can do, like rip someone’s tongue out of their throat and get away with it and rape beautiful women,”
He later apologized for his comments: “I awoke in Australia to the justified reactions by many people to a distasteful joke I made years ago in Hall H for which I am sorry,” he wrote. “I am still severely disappointed in myself at the insensitivity of my remarks that day. I know my sincerest apology now won’t take away those hurtful words. Rape and sexual harassment can reach anyone and I have seen first hand its painful torment among members of my own family and friends. I made a truly tasteless comment. It is unacceptable and I sincerely apologize with a heavy heart for the words I said.”
9. At first, the producers of GOT didn’t find Jason Momoa menacing enough for his role as Khal Drogo. He had to prove to them that he was indeed capable to play the role. During the audition, he performed the Haka, a native war dance used to intimidate opponents on the battlefield. His dance impressed the casting team so much that they called him back to perform the dance again. And so, Khal Drogo was born!
10. Jason’s son has one of the longest names ever. His name is Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa.
If you liked these Charlize Theron facts, lets know which other celebrity you’d like to see next. Let us know in the comment section below.