Are you the type of person who religiously paints their nails as a form of self-care or the type who is constantly picking and biting at their cuticles?
Whatever part of the divide you fall into, we all yearn for healthy, perfectly manicured nails and this post will let you know what to do in order to get strong and healthy nails.
READ ALSO: How to Apply Beard Oil Properly
- Keep your hands clean: Children are not the only ones that should wash their hands regularly. It’s important to make sure your nails and the skin around them are thoroughly dirt-free and this can be done by gently scrubbing your nails and skin.
- Be gentle on your hands: Your nails are delicate, and scrubbing them too roughly can actually expose you to infection. Tou should also avoid using metal tools under the nail, as too much digging can cause the nail plate to separate from the skin.
- Always have a nail file near you: If you’re someone whose work causes a lot of wear and tear or you dip your hands in water very often, keeping a nail file handy to smooth away any rough edges that happen on the spot is the best way for you.
- Leave your cuticles alone: The cuticle has a very important purpose to serve: It seals the area at the base of the nail. So when you cut or remove the cuticle, it breaks that seal of protection, leaving you vulnerable to the possibility of infection.
- Protect your nails with a base coat: This step protects the nail from being stained by your nail polish and also helps the colour look more full and thick with just one coat.
- Give your nails a break: Give your nails time to rest and repair after a few weeks of false nails as going from one strong polish colour to another without giving your nails a break can dry them out, turn them yellow, and over time, even weaken the structure of the nail.
- Moisturize your hands and nails: You should keep your cuticles and nails hydrated with any hand lotion or oil.
- Have a protein-rich diet: Your fingernails are made of a protein called keratin, so just as with your skin or your hair, you can improve your nails by adjusting your diet. Vitamins and supplements like biotin, Vitamin E, and fish oil to your daily meal and protein-rich foods like beans, fish, and nuts will do the trick.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY