Every one of us has been through rejection at one point or the other in our lives. It can be gut-wrenching and downright embarrassing and might make you start to feel unworthy.
These points might help you stand on our feet again when the primary feelings of hurt have passed.
- Do not expect the person to change: After accepting the hardest part which is letting go, understand that the person who you were in love with is not in love with you anymore and all they can give you is more pain and rejection. Don’t try to cling to that person hoping.
- Do not beg and plead: In a situation like this, it is normal to try the persuasion route but there will come a time where you need to stop begging them to take you back. You will have to accept that through pleading and begging is not the way you want or should be loved.
- Stop looking for closure: Some relationships just have to end, without any form of closure. Not every time closure, sometimes just move on. Some broken relationships are unfixable no matter how hard you try and you need to understand is that some relationships are meant to stay that way, broken.
- Be your own hero: Looking for happiness in other people will most likely leave you disappointed because happiness comes from within. You need only YOU to make you happy. Happiness is a decision and it does not happen miraculously, you have to pick yourself up, have the courage to face your problems and start on the journey towards contentment.
- You deserve better: A person who doesn’t realize or respect your feelings for them doesn’t deserve you and you should let them go. What you ought to have, is a person who reciprocates your feelings, loves you, respects you and doesn’t take you for granted. You do not need the person rejecting you as there is always someone out there who is better suited for you.
- It is not the end of the world: You need to understand that this is just a temporary situation you cannot dwell on it for the rest of your life. It is okay to be broken and hurt, but it is said that the toughest storms make the bravest sailors. The world did not end when it happened so recognize that you will come out of this and it will not end you.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY