Guys, I know it is such an amazing feeling to look at someone and find yourself imagining a future with them.
This post is not asking you to ignore that feeling; acknowledge it by all means but before you act on it; just pause and think because you might either end up happily ever after or a sad hasty disaster. Which is why it is always a good idea to consider a few things rather than blindly rushing into even asking them out.
READ ALSO: 10 Things to Know Before Asking Her Out
- Is it merely a passing infatuation?: Ask yourself if you are helplessly attracted to them. If you are, that doesn’t guarantee you a potential future with them. There is a pretty good chance the infatuation will fade away over time. Think about what attracts you to her, if the only thing that you come up with is the way she looks, then maybe you need to reconsider your plans for her. That doesn’t mean you should give up on entirely instead get to know them a little better.
- Do you have anything in common with them?: This particular question isn’t completely necessary but it is an added advantage, especially in the early stages of a relationship especially when planning the first date. Having things in common allows you to bond over them and spend more time together.
- Do you two have any threatening differences?: Some differences are easy and very harmless while some can be as huge as contrasting ways of life. This is something that you may know at a later stage in a relationship, but in some cases, you may come to know even before anything has begun. You should ask yourself if you can live with the differences and work around them, if you’re not sure of it, then it’s best to lay off the whole idea because there is no point in starting something only to end it over an issue you were aware of all along.
- Are they on the same page as you?: Before you start anything officially, make sure the feelings are mutual or at least n the same space. Make sure that they aren’t interested in someone else because that naturally won’t work in your favour. There is also a possibility that the person is not looking for a relationship.
- Can you make it last?: If you think this isn’t even a concern when asking someone out, maybe you should reconsider it. Don’t get yourself into something temporary, if you can’t see a future with them, then maybe you shouldn’t be with them, to begin with. Spending enough time with someone, you may develop an emotional dependency on them among other things and emotional dependency is very difficult to recover from if things go wrong. So again, I emphasize, if you cannot see them in your future, they should not be a part of your present.
It may seem unnecessary to some people to even consider these things before asking a lady out, but it might actually save you from making wrong decisions.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY