Veteran Nollywood actress Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde has paid her dues since joining the movie industry.
The stunning mom of 4 has starred in over a 100 movies and has continued to churn out very interesting movies as often as she can.
The actress in an interview talked about her greatest achievement saying;
I have so many great achievements and I am very grateful to God. I can talk about great achievements today because God has empowered me to build my character. At no point did I see all these coming. I never said, ‘let me start being a good girl so that in the future, they will call me to speak, not only on Nollywood but also in mentorship capacity outside Nollywood’. I never said ‘okay, let me be a good girl so that Time magazine will make me a Time 100 woman’; I never thought about all these things. But by God`s grace, I am here today. He taught me to follow a particular life pattern when I was young. And I am grateful that pattern has brought me this far. My greatest achievement is that I got to know God on time; it was a great privilege.
Here are 10 things you probably never knew about the actress.
1. She is from Onodo state and was born on February 7, 1978. Omotola also speaks her Ondo dialect well and can speak Igbo a little as well.
2. Omotola made her acting debut in the movie ‘Undefined’.’ It was directed by Reginald Ebere. The actress, however, ht the limelight with her role in the movie “Mortal Inheritance.”
3. Omotola is a graduate of Estate Management from the Yaba College of Education.
4. She made her cinematic debut with the movie “Ije,” and starred alongside actress Genevieve Nnaji.
5. Time Magazine honoured her as one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2013.
6. The Nigerian government honoured the actress as a Member of the Order of the Federal Republic, MFR.
7. Omotola who is also known as Omosexy ventured into the music career in 2005 with her album titled GBA.
8. She launched her own reality show “Omotola: The Real Me” on Africa Magic Entertainment back in 2012.
9. Omotola tied the knot with Captain Matthew Ekeinde in 1996. They had a white wedding in 2001.
10. Omotola is also a mum of four. She has her first child on March 30, 1997.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY