Rapper Olamide since his emergence on the scene has been seen as a messiah by many in the industry. From starting the careers of the likes of Adekunle Gold, Lil Kesh and his brother DJ Enimoney down to signing new promising acts, Fireboy DML, Lyta, amongst others, Olamide will for a very long time be seen as god in the Nigerian music ondsutry.
Speaking on just how talented Olamide is, international act Wale gushed on just how talented the YBNL lord is.
He’s one of the fastest workers and one of the most dynamic writers I know in any genre. He’s very, very talented. I look up to him a lot in that sense.
Here are 9 things we bet you may not know about Olamide
1. The YBNL boss was born on March 15, 1989. He was born and brought up in Bariga, Lagos. Speaking on how he grew up during an interview, Olamide said;
Growing up for me wasn’t a bed of roses but it was very interesting. I come from a family of seven and I was born in Bariga, Lagos, even though I’m from Ogun State. We didn’t have much, but it was a close-knit family and we had genuine love for one another. As a ghetto boy, I learnt a lot of things on the streets and those things are helping me today. One of the most important things I learnt was to never look down on myself. There is a saying that goes, ‘Don’t let your background put your back to the ground.’ Anybody can make it, provided you believe you have something to offer and you work hard. It is also important not to forget your roots.
2. The trapper was at one time a part-time student of mass communication at the Tai Solarin University of Education.
3. He hit the limelight with his hit track “Eni duro” in 2010.
4. Olamide became the first Nigerian to sign an endorsement deal with Circoc.
5. D’banj at one time wanted to sign the rapper due to his massive talent.
6. Olamide departed Coded Tunes in 2012 to start his own record label, YBNL Nation.
7. He won the the Best Indigenous artist, Album of the year and Best Collaboration award at the Nigerian Entertainment Awards held in New York.
8. He snagged an endorsement deal with Etisalat in November 2013 alongside Ice Prince.
9.The rapper and his longtime girlfriend Adebukunmi Aisha Suleiman welcomed their son Batifeori Maximiliano Adedeji on January 30, 2015.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY