“Award-winning actress,” Dayo Amusa is a fan favourite.
The Yoruba actress since her emergence on the scene has not ceased to make her fans happy with her array of movies.
Here are 10 things you should know about Dayo Amusa.
- Dayo was born on July 20, 1984. She was born in Surulere, Lagos and is the firstborn child of her parents.
- Dayo attended Kenny-Tee Primary School in Surulere and Mayflower Secondary School in Ogun State as well as Mamak Secondary School to obtain her senior secondary school certificate.
- The actress bagged a degree in Food Science from Moshood Abiola Polytechnic.
- She started her acting career in 2002 and has since gone on to act in over a hundred movies as well as produce a couple.
- She believes happiness is way more important than marriage. “I made a post on social media some time ago asking if it’s compulsory for everybody to get married. I asked that question because the society makes it seem like something is wrong with you if you are not married at a certain age. Meanwhile, I think personal happiness is the most important thing.”
- Dayo once wrote on the 6 things every single person must know and according to her;
- Things can change, and they will – I don’t care if you’ve been single for several decades or several days. Remember, anything and everything is possible. You just need to get out of your own way and start believing that.
- Have standards – Don’t just date someone because you don’t want to be alone, you need to have the mindset that anyone who doesn’t want you is a fool, and so you wouldn’t want them anyway.
- Use this time to learn about yourself – Often, people use being with others as an escape, an escape from themselves. If you’re with others, then the focus is on them, not you. But how well do you really know yourself? Being single is a precious time that can be used to really get to know and love yourself, so spend the time getting to know you, discover new things, work on personal growth.
- Don’t chase anyone – And I mean it, don’t even think about it! If they have to be chased, then they don’t want you. If someone is showing you that they would rather not be with you, Shrug your shoulders and move on. It’s their loss, not yours.
- Learn to love your own company and be focus – You’re awesome! You’re cool! If you don’t believe me, then you are wrong, everyone is perfect in their own way the problem is many people especially single people don’t believe it. Focus on your great job, wonderful friends, your health, your car, food on your table, you name it when you focus on the good things, your vibration will change to being positive. Other people will pick up on it and want to be around you even more than they already do.
- Keep busy with things that make you happy – Do you like running? Do you love to read or do you like to go to happy hour with your friends? Do it! The more you keep busy, the less you’ll focus on the negatives of being single, Keep busy and have fun, you never can tell who is watching.
7. Dayo welcomed a baby girl a couple of years ago and has done a great job keeping her out of public eye.
8. The actress also ventured into the world of music and has released a couple of songs alongside some videos.
9. Dayo has won numerous awards since hitting the limelight to include Best Actress Indigenous Nollywood Movies Awards 2014.
10. Dayo is the Proprietress of PayDab Schools located in Lagos and Ibadan.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY