Nollywood actor and son of veteran actor Pete Edochie, Yul Edochie, since joining the movie world in 2005 has continued to entertain his teeming fans and garner more with his movies.
Here are 10 things you probably did not know about Yul Edochie.
1. The actor was born Yul Chibuike Daniel Edochie on 7 January 1982 in Lagos, Nigeria.
2. Yul is married to May Aligwe, the couple is blessed with 3 kids; 2 sons and a daughter.
3. Yul was named after famous Russian actor Yul Brynner. His father is veteran Nollywood actor, Pete Edochie.
4. He got married at the age of 22.
Yes, I was 22 when I got married and right now I’m just 34 years old. That’s 12 years ago. Really? 12 years already? (laughs).
think my parents helped me because I have known my wife for a longtime. Just about when we got into school that was when I met her.
Even before I finished school my mother knew I was going to get married to my wife; she really likes her a lot.
So, by the time I finished university at the age of 22, I really wanted to
get married to her but I had nothing and she had nothing.
We just finished school, we we re still doing our youth service then. I was
talking with my mother and she asked me if I wanted to get married and I
said yes and my mother told me I shouldn’t worry that she was going to talk to my father and she did. My mum also
warned me that if I hope to marry her when I have enough money, someone
else might take her away. She told me my father wasn’t rich when they got married but today he is the person he is.
So you see you can really plan this things, the most important thing is
finding that person who understands you and who wants to be with you
when you are nothing. And if I hadn’t done that then, it would be such a
problem for me now to find the right person to marry.
Everybody wants to come in then you won’t know who is real. I would say I was
lucky to have someone who said I am going to be with you, even when I had nothing.
5. He had his primary education at Lillians’ Day Nursery School and Robinson Street Primary School, Enugu.
6. Yul bagged a degree in Dramatic Arts from the University of Port Harcourt.
7. He joined Nollywood in 2005, with the movie “The Exquires”
8. He hit the limelight in 2007 with the movie “Wind of Glory”.
9. 2009, Yul won the City People Entertainment Awards for the Best New Actor of the Year and the Best Lead Male at the 2014 Nollywood Movies Awards.
10. He has worked alongside top Nollywood acts like Genevieve Nnaji, Stephanie Okereke, Tonto Dikeh and Chioma Chukwuka to mention a few.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY