For centuries, people have been searching for the right ways to say,”I love you”. While some have resorted to singing songs, others have explained those butterflies they have in their stomachs by composing poems.
Here are some of the best love quotes from some of the world’s great artists, composers, musicians, poets, and authors.
1. “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That’s what I hope to give you forever.” — Nicholas Sparks
2. “The water shines only by the sun. And it is you who are my sun.” – Charles de Leusse
3. “I’m much more me when I’m with you.” — Unknown
4. “I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more.” — Angelita Lim
5. “Maybe the only vow we ever need to offer the one we love is this: I will never, not for a sliver of a second, make you feel alone.” — Tyler Knott Gregson
6. “There’s no substitute for a great love who says, ‘No matter what’s wrong with you, you’re welcome at this table.'” — Tom Hanks
7. “I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.” — Leo Christopher
8. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” — A. A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh
9. “You don’t love someone because they’re perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they’re not.” ― Jodi Picoult, My Sister’s Keeper
10. “I would rather spend one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone.” — J.R.R. Tolkien, Lord of The Rings
11. “I choose you. And I’ll choose you over and over and over. Without pause, without a doubt, in a heartbeat. I’ll keep choosing you.” — Unknown
12. “It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
13. “I love you” begins by I, but it ends up by you.” ― Charles de Leusse
14. “I realized I was thinking of you, and I began to wonder how long you’d been on my mind. Then it occurred to me: Since I met you, you’ve never left.” — Unknown
READ ALSO: Everything is Possible With Love
15. “There is a madness in loving you, a lack of reason that makes it feel so flawless.” — Leo Christopher
16. “You are the last thought in my mind before I drift off to sleep and the first thought when I wake up each morning.” – Unknown
17. “You know it’s love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you’re not part of their happiness.” — Julia Roberts
18. “Thinking of you keeps me awake. Dreaming of you keeps me asleep. Being with you keeps me alive.” — Unknown
19. “Love is like war: easy to begin but very hard to stop.” — H. L. Mencken
20. “You have bewitched me body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you.” — Jane Austen’s Pride & Prejudice
Did you like these love quotes? Tell us in the comment section below.