If you love the James Bond movies, then you’d probably love Daniel Craig the actor who has being cast as 007 for the past 14 years.
Checkout these 10 facts and you might just learn something new about this talented actor.
1. When Daniel Craig was first cast as James Bond, many felt he didn’t fit the role. At 5’10”, he is the shortest actor to play the role. He is also the first blond bond. However, he proved his skeptics as Casino Royale became the highest-grossing film at the time and he received a BAFTA award nomination for his debut.
2. Due to the fact that there had never been a blond bond, Craig’s blond hair was a subject of controversy. Nevertheless, he refused to dye his hair black for the role.
3. He has been involved in acting since he was a young boy. His first acting role was in a school production of Oliver.
4. Craig’s third bond film Skyfall is now the highest-grossing bond film in the series nad was the highest-grossing film in the UK until 2015.
5. Before Craig was cast as James Bond, he wasn’t he wanted to play the role. It took Pierce Brosnan, the previous 007, to convince him to accept the role.
6. Although 007 uses different sophisticated weapons and kills an average of 16 people per film, Daniel Craig, on the other hand, is not a fan of violence. He is terrified of guns and hates violence due to witnessing many drunken brawls when he used to work in bars.
7. Being cast as James Bond has brought Craig a lot of attention. In 2006, he was named “Best Dressed Male” from Esquire Magazine and he came in the 7th place in Elle magazine’s “15 Sexiest Men” poll. He was also named the “sexiest man alive” in a poll conducted by Durex condoms.
READ ALSO: Fun Facts About Human Body
8. While there was controversy when Craig was signed to play 007, he also received a lot of support from four of the five actors that had previously played 007 – Sean Connery, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, and Pierce Brosnan. These four spoke out in favour of his casting.
9. Craig describes his portrayal of Bond as an anti-hero: “The question I keep asking myself while playing the role is, ‘Am I the good guy or just a bad guy who works for the good side?’ Bond’s role, after all, is that of an assassin when you come down to it. I have never played a role in which someone’s dark side shouldn’t be explored. I don’t think it should be confusing by the end of the film, but during the film you should be questioning who he is.”
10. Craig’s favourite bond is Sean Connery. However he believes in originality and didn’t try to imitate Connery. On this, he said: “I’d never copy somebody else. I would never do an impression of anybody else or try and improve on what they did. That would be a pointless exercise for me.”
Did you like these Daniel Craig facts? Tell us in the comment section below.