Long haul flights are annoying and downright suck most of the time. Nobody would prefer a long haul if there were cheaper short or medium haul flights. Most people find themselves enduring lengthy overnight flights.
Here are a few tips that will help you stay comfortable during the long flight and also help you travel in style. This post will also help you even if your flight is a short one.
- A Backpack: For overnight flights, you will probably need a few things like mint, snacks, an extra layer of clothing, etc. It’ll be good to have things you normally need very close to you and easily accessible. Your backpack is a piece of good hand luggage.
- Compression Socks: Compression stockings can be worn to improve blood flow in your legs. This helps prevent leg swelling and, to a lesser extent, blood clots. You should get the trendy kind, not those that look like an old woman’s socks. Buy a pair that is colorful so that it is easily found in your backpack.
- Linen Pants: These are light and breathable enough for a 12-hour flight and they will allow you sweat less. They have some form of wrinkle from the beginning, which makes them the perfect outfit for a long journey.
- Long Jacket: This is not the office jacket. It is more like the flowy kind that looks excellent. Remember to think of comfort when buying seeing as overnight flights can be cold. Bear that in mind when you select or choose a jacket.
- Cotton Top: Cotton is your best friend when it comes to traveling long hours. Baggy Tshirts should be your best friend. T-shirts are cheap and comfortable and can be dressed up if you land and need to have a quick business meeting for a few hours before proceeding to your hotel
- Pashmina: Pashmina is like a 3 in 1 product. They can act as a blanket and keep you warm, be rolled up and used a neck pillow, or be jazzed up to help that boring shirt you are wearing. You should get yourself a pashmina as they are a fantastic piece to compliment your dressing.
- Wear Comfortable Shoes: This cannot be overemphasized unless you want pain on and around your feet. Sandals or Flip Flops are not ideal seeing as they will slow you down if you are about to take a sprint so as not to miss your flight. Canvas, Ballet flats, sneakers, are a great array of comfortable shoes that can be worn.
There you have it, people. Safe travels.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY