People in LDRs know that one of the hardest things in their relationships are the arguments. Trying to explain the reasons behind being upset and trying to fix the situation can be a real struggle.
Arguments in LDR can start with a simple text, escalate quickly and ends being something bigger. If you are new to this kind of relationships, this advice on how to deal with arguments in long-distance relationships will benefit you immensely.
- Make sure to know where the problem started: Whatever point the problem started, its better to start from there. If everything started because he or she did not respond to your message for 1 hour, just start talking about it from there. Don’t make it more difficult by adding more problems or arguments.
- Try to video chat or call: I know that sometimes that can’t be possible but when the argument or fight is escalating quickly and things start going out of your hand. It’s better to have that conversation face to face. It will make the argument more rational and you won’t need to rely on emojis.
- Not everything is as bad as it seems. Learn about how the other person handles arguments: Most people have no idea on how to deal with arguments in long-distance relationships or how should handle tense situations with their partners. Sometimes the way to end a fight or argument quickly is by knowing how the other person handles arguments.
- Remember that most problems have a solution: This will obviously depend on what is okay for you and what is not. Think about what your definite No’s are and once you know what those things are, you have an idea what can be solved and what cannot. I know some arguments look like there’s nothing that can fix it but know that it might get worse before cooling down and it will have a solution.
- Be the bigger person: You don’t have to be the bigger person all the time but when you realise that the conversation is going nowhere, it is okay to agree on whatever the other person is saying. Why make it worse Just swallow your pride and move on especially if the argument is about something silly. We agree that you might be right but why to open the door to a fight if you can fix it as soon as possible.
Hope this helps you and your partner when dealing with the arguments in your long-distance relationships or in any relationship in general.