Have you ever heard of Potatoes Chips? This is thin slices of Potatoes that are quickly fried. Research according to snack food folklore, potato chip was invented by Chef George Crum at Moon’s lake house Restaurant in Saratoga Spring, New York. Homemade crunchy potatoes chips are healthier when compared to store-bought potatoes chips, because it has less cholesterol and edible for eating. I will be giving you steps on how to make quick and easy homemade potatoes chips. The common secrete in making potatoes chips is the thinner your slice the beautiful it becomes. The best tool used in achieving a better cut is a mandoline.
Ingredients for making healthy potato chips
3 large russet potatoes
2 tablespoon olive oil
View this post on Instagram
Potato wafers 😍 Ingredients 2 cups peeled and thinly sliced potatoes oil for deep-frying rock salt (sendha namak) to taste freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) to taste Method Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, deep-fry a few slices on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper. Sprinkle the rock salt and pepper powder and toss well. Cool completely and store in an air-tight container —————————————— #vegetarian #vegan #easyrecipes #wafers #chips #chipsanddips #snacks #potatochips #friedfood #comfortfood #vegetarianrecipes #munchies
Slice your potatoes into thin slices using a mandoline or a spiralizer to get desirable shapes.
- Soak your sliced potatoes in clean cold water for 30 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly and pat dry completely using a clean paper towel or cotton towel.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a large baking pan with baking paper.
- Arrange potato slices in a single layer on the baking pan evenly without overlapping or touching each other.
- Use a pastry brush to lightly coat potato slices with olive oil on both sides and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes then turn potato slices and bake for additional 8-10 minutes or when the chips are light golden color or until crispy. Make sure potato do not overcook.
- Allow chips to cool down for a few minutes before serving. You can serve with sprinkles with herbs or anymore more seasonings for your choice.
Benefits of eating healthy Potato chips
Potato chip contains vitamins’ A’, ‘B’ and ‘C and also a large amount of potassium, iron, antioxidant, and carbohydrate. Check out the benefits of eating potatoes.
It controls the blood pressure
The Potassium in potato chips helps regulate blood pressure very strong (blood pressure). However, you should be mindful of the number of potato chips you eat because too much can increase the amount of sug increases the amount of sugar in the blood.
It aids in digestion
Apart from regulating blood pressure, potassium is helped for easy digestion.
View this post on Instagram
Sometimes the cool kids like to switch it up and get chips instead of fries. #chips #potatochips #potato #potatoes #spudspuds #fries #handcutfries #fresh #freshcut #freshcutfroes #homemade #homemadefries #homemadechips #homemadepotatochips #roscoevillage #lunch #dinner #lunchspecials #baconcheeseburger
It keeps the skin healthy.
The vitamin C and B complex found in potassium helps to keep the skin shiny and healthy
It boosts the immune system
Potatoes contain a lot of Vitamin C which aid in boosting disease resistance
It keeps the brain active and relieves stress
Potassium contains a large amount of vitamin B6, which helps in transmitting feelings in the brain that keeps it active and reduce stress.
Do you love patatoe chips? Let’s show you how to make yours
DIY: How to prepare your potato chips yourself
Make your own chips in these quick ways