The African continent is characterized by poverty and is way below the standard of living compared to other continents. Even though Africa has a high rate of poor people, it still has some of the most expensive countries to live in.
- Luanda, Angola: The Republic of Angola is a west-coast country. The Angolan capital is the largest city in Angola. Rankings have placed this country as the 6th most city in the world.
- N’Djamena, Chad Republic: The republic is in north-central Africa and is bordered by Libya and Sudan. N’Djamena which is the largest city in Chad is ranked as the 8th most expensive country to live in the world.
- Victoria, Seychelles: This very beautiful capital city of small East-African country, is been ranked as the 5th most expensive city in Africa and the 21st in the world.
- Lagos, Nigeria: Of course, we cannot mention expensive cities without Nigeria’s largest city and centre of commerce, Lagos. It is ranked as the 8th most high-priced city to live in Africa. This city is home to some of the richest people on the continent.
- Abidjan, Cote D’Ivoire: The capital of Côte d’Ivoire is one of the most populous French-speaking cities in Africa. It is ranked as the 6th most expensive African city and the 24th globally.
- Brazzaville, Republic Of Congo: Brazzaville is the administrative and financial centre and is the largest city of the French-speaking Republic of the Congo. It is ranked on the global list as the 19th most expensive city
- Kinshasa, Democratic Republic Of Congo: This is the capital of the DRC and is the largest city. It is the 7th among the most expensive cities in Africa to live in and ranked the 37th on the global list.
- Yaounde, Cameroon: The country’s capital and economic hub is also its second largest city in the central African country. It is ranked as the 9th most expensive city to live in Africa.
- Bangui, Central African Republic: The Central African City of Bangui is the capital and the largest city in the Central African Republic. It is the 10th most expensive city to live in Africa. On the global list, it ranks as the 48th.
- Libreville, Gabon: This city is a port on the Komo River, near the Gulf of Guinea. This is the third most expensive city to live in Africa. It is a beautiful and vibrant capital city. It is ranked on the global list as the 18th most expensive in the world.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY