Throughout history, certain paintings have been known to grab the attention of people all over the world. Sometimes it is because of the love for the artists and sometimes it’s about the art in itself, the story behind the painting. Some of these works that will be shown here might have been seen in various artworks online, books or in the many popular types inspired by them. It definitely remains a totally different experience when you gaze upon the original, unfiltered, with your own eyes. Some of these works have been said to make grown men cry.
Here is a short list about some of the most famous paintings that have ever been made in this world.
- Mona Lisa: We cannot start to mention Paintings and ignore one of the most famous paintings of all times. The artist is Leonardo Da Vinci and it can be viewed at The Louvre in Paris.
- Guernica: This painting was created as a political statement after the Nazis bombed Guernica, It was painted by Pablo Picasso and can be seen in Madrid, Spain.
- Girl with a pearl earring: This painting by Johannes Vermeer is often times considered as the Dutch version of the Mona Lisa and it became even more famous when a novel that fictionalised the painting came out, eventually becoming a film. It can be seen in the Netherlands.
- The creation of Adam: This was painted by the one and only Michelangelo on the ceiling of a chapel. It can be seen in the Sistine Chapel in the Vatican.
- The Starry night: This was painted by post-impressionist painter Vincent Van Gogh. It has been a permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art in New York City since 1941
- The Scream: This was created by Norwegian Expressionist artist Edvard Munch. The original title was The Scream of Nature in German and Shriek in Norwegian. The Scream is its popular name.
- The Last Supper: This famous bible scene was painted by Leonardo Di Vinci. It is now a mural in the refectory of the Santa Maria Delle Grazie in Milan and has been partially destroyed over time no small thanks to humidity, restoration, stabilization and even a curtain.
- Water Lilies: Water lilies is not a single artwork, It is a series made up of approximately 250 paintings that depict the artists flower garden and pond. They range in size and colour schemes and are displayed in different museums all over the world.
So there you have it, 8 of the most famous paintings in the world.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY