Getting married in Nigeria is a very big deal, particularly because of the belief that you’re marrying the individual’s entire family.
Here is a list of scenic and inexpensive places where you can hold your wedding away from the usual spots or event centres.
READ ALSO: Steps to Choosing Your Wedding Flowers
- Yankari National Reserve: This reserve has over 2,000 square kilometres of fauna and flora and four warm springs, it is perfect for a nature-loving couple. It has the Wikki Warm Spring which is the largest in the country. Getting married at Yankari presents an opportunity to take amazing pictures, allowing you and your guests explore the park and visit.
- Ibom Hotel and Golf Resort, Uyo: The resort is located in the heart of lush palm forest and it offers you and your partner a quiet and beautiful space for your special day including a world-class restaurant that offers special rates for weddings.
- Ikogosi Warm Spring Resorts, Ikogosi: With a rich history and great photograph opportunities, the resort offers affordable rooms for you and your guests, you also get a tour of the surrounding forests via a wooden footbridge that runs through the length of the forest with sit outs that offer both the opportunity to watch nature and once-in-a-lifetime photo ops. To get an authentic feel of southwestern Nigeria, choosing Ikogosi Warm Springs Resort will be the ideal thing.
- Kajuru Castle: If you and your partner love fairy tales, the Kajuru Castle is the ideal place to take your vows. It comes complete with all things castle as it appears to have been plucked right out of Scotland and planted in the middle of Kajuru in Kaduna. The Castle is ideal for a small party because the castle only offers twelve rooms.
- Clear Essence Spa and Wellness Resort: This is a luxurious getaway from the hustle and bustle of Lagos so that you can have a quiet wedding. This resort is particularly ideal for wellness buffs and their dining is geared towards wholeness and healthy eating.
- Obudu Mountain Resort, Cross River: This mountain resort offers a spectacular view as you ride cable cars. There are over 160 rooms and chalets for you and your guests, a restaurant rich in seafood and a water park that offers photo-ops. The hotel also provides you with guided tours to the surrounding mountains and forests.
View this post on Instagram
A walk in the clouds… Becheve nature reserve #becheve #bechevenaturereserve #obuducattleranchresort #nature #places #reserve #obanliku #obuduplateau #canon600d #canont3i #tourism #crossriverstate #forest #forestreserve #flora #nigeria #westafrica #natgeo #africa #teamcanon #orientalpromises #haveyouseennigeria #YourShotPhotographer #photoobserve
- Tarkwabay: Tarkwa Bay is an artificial island and popular resort and its mainly known as a hotspot for the surfing community in Lagos. It can be an excellent venue for a Nigerian wedding. You can enjoy breath-taking views of the ocean and the Lagos harbour. To ensure you get the maximum space for all your guests, plan your wedding date in the week, specifically during the off-peak season and when rainfall is low which is usually November and January to April. This will help you avoid the crowds.
View this post on Instagram
Cheers to the new week 🍹 📸 @sharonojong #TarkwaBay #TarkwaBayBeach #Lagos #Instatravel #InstaVacation #GetAway #BeautifulDestinations #Island #Tropical #Yogaguy #Yoga #surfing #surf #surfboard #waves #lagos #lagosnigeria #lagos #peopleoflagos #beach #tarkwabay #mylagos #Monday #MondayLovers #OOTD #instagood
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY