Game of Thrones is steady getting many all heated up on social media as people have continued to rave and talk about the hugely successful series.
One of the characters Jon Snow is, in fact, a favorite amongst billions across the globe and we will be talking about 10 things many probably do not know about him.
- His real name is Christopher Catesby. In an interview, Kit talked about this saying; I haven’t got a clue! I think they could see that I wanted to be Kit, but Christopher was a bit of a tradition. My brother’s name is Jack, but his real name is John. Kit, is traditionally an offshoot of Christopher, it’s just not used that often. My middle name is Catesby.”
- He found out his real name at the age of 11. In his words; “It’s my name. It’s short for Christopher. I didn’t know my name was Christopher until I was 11. I went to school, you do these exams and I put down Kit Harington and the teacher said, ‘That’s not your name,’ and I said, ‘Yeah I think I’d know my own name!’ They were like, ‘No no your name is Christopher.’ I was a bit pissed off with my mum. You didn’t tell me my name till I was 11!”
His middle name is Catesby, which is in fact his mother’s maiden name. Harington told Glamour magazine he almost chose to be known professionally as Kit Catesby. “It’s cool, isn’t it? It’s also my brother’s middle name. Jake Catesby and Kit Catesby. It’s my mom’s maiden name, actually… I nearly [went with Kit Catesby professionally], but I thought it sounded too much like a 1950s talk-show host. I was close, actually! Sometimes I think, that would have been a cool name, but Kit Harington works.”
- Kit was named by his mother, a playwright, after British playwright Christopher Marlowe. It has been revealed that Marlowe was also known as Kit.
- He started his career on stage. He, however, wanted to become a journalist but chose acting instead.
- Harington played the lead male role in the play Wa Horse. This was at the time he was still in drama school.
- Kit caught the attention of Game of Thrones producers while playing the lead role in that play. He was then invited for an audition.
- He came to the audition with a black eye after having been in a fight the night before. “I had a black eye as I’d been in a scrap. But I think it might have helped. You know, ‘Who’s the kid with the black eye?’ I was completely new to them, but I looked the part – still had the black eye.”
- Before Game Of Thrones, he had short hair and no facial hair. “I always had short hair before I did this, and then they went ‘Could you grow your hair and a beard?’ And I went, ‘Well, I’ve never grown my hair, and I’m practically pre-pubescent in the facial-hair stakes, but I’ll give it a go!’ he told Dailymail.
- He is now contractually obliged to ensure his hair is kept long fr the show. Kit in an interview with Rolling Stone said; “It’s in my contract that it must be a certain length at all times.” He continued saying; “I told my agent, no more swords, no more horses. You [don’t want to get stuck in things] and maybe I can cut my fucking hair.”
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND GET MORE OF THIS EVERYDAY