Buying of wristwatches should be an art learnt on its own. You do not buy a wristwatch just because you are looking for an accessory. We know you are thinking of all the abokis that hawk wristwatches up and down and how easy it is to beckon and get one.
Well, to each man or woman their own but we still advise that certain things should be put into consideration so as to avoid mistakes when buying yourself a new watch.
READ ALSO: 6 Most Expensive Perfume For Men
- Buying A Watch Someone Else Wants You To Buy: Remember: you’re the one who is going to use the watch and have it attached t your wrist. As a fully grown person, you should know how to make your own decisions everything that concerns you, from your shoes you wear to work, the way you style your hair to your own wristwatch. You can seek advice or suggestions but you should make the final decision.
- Blindly Following Watch Trends: We know that new watches come out every year but that doesn’t mean that all of them are a must-have. There is a reason why they are called trends, they come and go.
- Ignoring Smaller & Lesser-Known Watch Brands: Just because they are of an unknown brand does not mean they are not good enough. You should not only focus on the big brands when you want to get wristwatches. Sometimes, smaller and unknown brands offer more for less. Buying watches based on brands should be secondary.
- Choosing A Watch That’s Too Large For You: There is a chance that you could pick out the most elegant watch and it will not look right for you. The reason might just be because it’s not the right size for your wrist. Men’s watch cases normally range from 38 to 46 mm in size, anything small er than 38mm will probably fall into the woman’s category.
- Not Considering The Type Of Watch Band: There are different types of bands to consider when getting yourself a pair of wristwatch. They are Leather, Metal (gold, silver, titanium, etc.) or Plastic/Rubber
- Not Wearing The Watch You Buy: This is an obvious mistake that you should not be guilty of and the reasons might just be you’re not used to wearing a watch regularly or you simply don’t like it as much as you thought. If you find yourself in the first scenario, it can be worked on by simply doing a reminder. The second scenario can be worked on by giving the wristwatch out.